Hobbyking delivery times?

Reaction score
I ordered some stuff from Hobbyking. I am in the USA and the order was from their International Warehouse. My confirmation email says "YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE." Ouch. Do you they drop ship? That seems like such a long time. I recently ordered some other items directly from China (thru eBay) and believe it or not they came in about 1 week! Will it really take 45 days for Hobbyking? I hope not.

windrockwater said:
I ordered some stuff from Hobbyking. I am in the USA and the order was from their International Warehouse. My confirmation email says "YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE." Ouch. Do you they drop ship? That seems like such a long time. I recently ordered some other items directly from China (thru eBay) and believe it or not they came in about 1 week! Will it really take 45 days for Hobbyking? I hope not.

Depends. I've ordered stuff with their express shipping option, and it took 3 days once the tracking number hit Swiss Post (HK -> Los Angeles -> Destination City/out for delivery).

Non-airmail options take longer. I'd say it takes an average of 2weeks for a regular order.

The thing that irks me is that it takes up to 4-5 days before they even try to ship. I'll order on Monday, get an email from the packing robot on Wednesday, and a shipping confirmation with tracking number on Thursday/Friday. Then maybe next Monday the courier notes it has left the warehouse and is en route. If HK could get their packing/shipping logistics down to 1 day like any number of industry etailers, it would help delivery times a LOT.

I thought customs forms and international shipping may cause some of these delays, but it's kind of the same story with shipments from the USA Warehouse. I'll get an order from McMaster-Carr delivered in less than 18 hours sometimes, but it still takes HK up to 3 days to pack an order before it even hits the courier.

The first order I made with them a month ago was delayed because they used the wrong shipping method (I chose USPS Priority and they shipped UPS Ground). However, the 4 orders I've placed since then all left the warehouse within 24 hours of my order, and were each in my hand 48 hours after that.

Just bought 2 3000Mah lipo's from them and got it in 3days time I live in NH, But when I bought through them I went for their US warehouse, You should always expect weeks not days if your buying international most cases this is not the sellers fault but customs!!!

My Atlanta Hobby delivery came very quickly. We shall see (and I shall post) how long the HobbyKing order takes.

I'm still waiting on an order I made 6 weeks ago, it depends if they have it in the US warehouse or China warehouse, and in stock or out of stock .

It's hit or miss.

I've ordered from their International warehouse a few times, and it generally took about 2 weeks. (to arrive in my place in the suburbs of Los Angeles) (they were Lipo's as well, but that might take even longer these days, as I've heard Lipo's somehow take longer to make it thru customs).

But I now try to only order thru their USA warehouse, especially for Lipo's, which are generally a few bucks more, but worth it to avoid the delay.

It's also important of course to note if the item you're ordering is in stock or not! .. that might be where the 45 day delay comes in.
I would never buy anything that's backordered from them. . I've heard a few stories tho where people have ordered stuff that's in stock and then turned out to be backordered.

But when it's all said and done, it's hard to beat the prices they offer, especially on Lipo's

I've made a real effort to source everything from right inside the USA. Stumbling upon Nitro Planes (Monsey, New York) was the best accident EVER. They have a ****-ton of stuff - ESC's, motors, frames, batteries, neck straps, velcro straps, landing gear, replacement DJI Phantom, F350, F450 and 550 parts, etc., etc.

You can find them on e-bay (or is it Amazon?) and pay via Paypal or CC. Since I'm located in New York, I get their stuff in 48 hours.

PF

I just ordered FPV gear last night and had the same question when I got the 45 day delivery email. Imagine, Once it gets to Miami it will take 6-10 days for my forwarder to bring it to the DR. Let`s be positive, it may be in my hands by new year`s eve! :shock:

WOAH!!! :eek:

I ordered three different batteries (4500 4s, 5000 4s and a 2200 3s) and Lipo bag from the HobbyKing USA warehouse on Tuesday night at 9pm. and selected one of the cheapest delivery methods, USPS 2-3day. (from Washington State, where their warehouse is I guess) to Los Angeles.

I arrived home from work tonight (Friday) at 7pm and low and behold there's a package of batteries there for me!@# :p

Looks like I'm gunna have some additional hours of flying this weekend!
their USA Warehouse geta a big thumbs up from me

I got three 5000mAh Turnigy batteries from that warehouse in about 4 days. I lingered over the item for a few minutes and got a "pop-up" window offering an excellent discount I could not refuse. That's a dirty little secret that probably everybody knew but me. I blundered on that SOP for HobbyKing by accident. I was spending time researching the price and availability of similar batteries in another Firefox window, when the HobbyKing popup discount window appeared.

Who knew??? :lol:

PF

PhantomFan said:
I got three 5000mAh Turnigy batteries from that warehouse in about 4 days. I lingered over the item for a few minutes and got a "pop-up" window offering an excellent discount I could not refuse. That's a dirty little secret that probably everybody knew but me. I blundered on that SOP for HobbyKing by accident. I was spending time researching the price and availability of similar batteries in another Firefox window, when the HobbyKing popup discount window appeared.

Who knew??? :lol:

PF

Yeah, whenever you see something you like, just leave the window open for 1-5 minutes and you'll get whatever the standard discount is (10-15%).

PhantomFan said:
As patient as I am, that is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for anything. F that. I'd bust my buttons to find an equivalent product in the USA and/or pay more $$$ (if I had to) before I'd wait 6 weeks for stuff as commonly available as FPV. Don't know what you need or bought but here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/vi ... tegory=868

http://www.nitroplanes.com/05p225-fpv-system.html

PF

I like that Projet 98" they have for sale for $189 to bad it's out of stock! How much would it cost to add all the stuff you need to get it in the air or do you know of places that sell fully functional ones?

Well i placed my order two weeks ago and their order status still just says "shipped". That does not mean delivered. There is not estimated time of deliver, and there is not actually tracking of the order. Too bad. Not sure why it takes so long. Again, other orders from China took less than 2 weeks. I am getting anxious!

Well I finally received my hobbyking order. I ordered a little over a month ago from their 'international' warehouse. I am in the USA. The Dominator FPV and Immersion receiver/transmitter came nicely packaged and new from Singpore (no tracking was available). I immediately plugged everything and tried it by having someone walk around the house with the gopro and the transmitter. The image wasn't great but i am still testing things and may buy some 15$ antennae from ebay (unless you say i shouldn't). I did not realize that the goggles would show the HUD data from the gopro so thats cool. Also the transmitter gets very warm!

Very excited to fly the phantom with the goggles!

Question: can i get a small external monitor and connect it to the Dominator and have video thru the goggles and the monitor at the same time?

I just cancelled my order for Attitude goggles with Atlanta Hobbies due to the length of time I've been waiting. They did do a "partial delivery"...I had also ordered the Blue Beam Ultra antennae for 5.8 Ghz TX/RX, and those WERE in stock. I have them new in package if you are interested. I have no use for them now.

PF

PhantomFan said:
I had also ordered the Blue Beam Ultra antennae for 5.8 Ghz TX/RX, and those WERE in stock. I have them new in package if you are interested. I have no use for them now.

PF

If he doesn't need them, you can put my name on the list of interested parties. I'd planned to buy a set at some point anyway, so if you need to unload them let me know.

I ordered 2 battery's from the US warehouse it took about 3 weeks to get them .

750r said:
I ordered 2 battery's from the US warehouse it took about 3 weeks to get them .

Wow...were either of them out of stock at the time? I ordered 2 batts (1 for Tx, one for flight) from the US warehouse two days ago, they're being delivered today. I did pay the $4 or whatever it was to get priority mail (2-3 day), but 3 weeks for even regular mail is nuts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav