Hobbyist as part 107

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a part 107 recently, as was wondering if I would be bound to part 107 rules for all future flights. For example if I did some commercial work during the day, then flew again that night to take pictures for myself (not selling or anything), would I need a night waiver? Or only to do commercial work at night?
Also, for pilots who took the part 107 test, is it very similiar to the private pilot exam? Thanks for your help

Reactions: Shoot4fun
As it stands right now, if you pass the uas airman's knowledge exam and earn your part 107 certificate, you may still fly under hobby / recreation rules... IF the intent of the flight is recreational, and stays within the criteria of a recreational flight.

Intent at takeoff defines the difference.

But, Mr. Bean... I don't know my intent when I wake up, much less when I take off!! I'm screwed... ?
OK, you got me there. These days I don't know my in tent from my out tent.. and don't even get me started on my pup tent lol

• Haha
Reactions: Shoot4fun
I've been thinking about getting a part 107 recently, as was wondering if I would be bound to part 107 rules for all future flights. For example if I did some commercial work during the day, then flew again that night to take pictures for myself (not selling or anything), would I need a night waiver? Or only to do commercial work at night?
Also, for pilots who took the part 107 test, is it very similiar to the private pilot exam? Thanks for your help
I'm a drone hobbyist. I fly only for recreation and obey the flight rules. My P4P is registered with the FAA. So what is all this "part 107" stuff about? I have IPF and on constant oxygen. With my severe lung impairment, my doctor strongly advises that, if I were to get COVID, I have a 99.99% chance I would die. So I will not be going to any "exam room" for any drone test whatsoever. So what is 107? What is the "private pilot exam"? Are they a requirement for a pilot that only flies recreationally, obeys all the rules, never bothers anyone, and not willing to risk death to get some stupid license?

I'm a drone hobbyist. I fly only for recreation and obey the flight rules. My P4P is registered with the FAA. So what is all this "part 107" stuff about? I have IPF and on constant oxygen. With my severe lung impairment, my doctor strongly advises that, if I were to get COVID, I have a 99.99% chance I would die. So I will not be going to any "exam room" for any drone test whatsoever. So what is 107? What is the "private pilot exam"? Are they a requirement for a pilot that only flies recreationally, obeys all the rules, never bothers anyone, and not willing to risk death to get some stupid license?
Part 107 is the regulation for commercail drone flying.
If you are just flying recreationally, you don't need to worry about it.

What you need to know is here: Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

Reactions: Bone4Drone
Part 107 is the regulation for commercail drone flying.
If you are just flying recreationally, you don't need to worry about it.

What you need to know is here: Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations
Interesting reading. "All I need to know" had to be written by a bureaucrat with an advanced degree in total confusion. I'm still stuck on figuring out the difference between an open-air assembly and an open-air assembly of human beings. Can I fly over an assembly of cave beetles?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj