Hobby registration then 107

No. You might need to re-register your drone to commercial/business though and get a new or another number.

No problem at all. register as a hobby flier, put your (pilot, not aircraft) registration number on the bird and enjoy. If/when you take the Part 107 test, you get a license number and then register your bird with a unique number. Think drivers license and car tags. Take the old registration off and put the new one on and you're ready to go. And yes, you can still fly as a hobby flier with the bird.

Reactions: Nickster
Is there any problems registering as a hobbyist then getting a part 107 license?

Absolutely no problem as long as it is for hobby. That is how I started. But, when you get 107 and want to make a little [emoji385][emoji385], then you need to reregister as commercial. That is what I was told and did. That $5 to reregister as commercial was made up with the 1st commercial flight I did! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What I question is do you have to keep the hobby reg going when you register non hobby. I'm gonna lose track of all the things, really.

Answering my own question, yes you do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik