historical information wanted

Reaction score
I am working on an article about drones and need to know a little history.
1) when did aerial remote control planes first come into use?
(not military ones).
2) who offered the first multi-rotor helicopter with 3 or more blades, and when?
2a) gas
2b) electric

3) who offered the more common electric quads of today the first time?
4) DJI does not say on their website when they went into business selling quads, so when did they?

Any other interesting historical information and photos will be appreciated.

I know that Tesla invented remote control so no need to mention that part.

Have you had a chance to Google and research this at all yet?

It would be best to have multiple sources/references if you are going to publish something.

Let us forget about referring me to search engines ok?
Most of them rely on who has the most advertising to make the hit "relevant".
Then, they hit on a single word in the phrase, not the entire phrase.
I figure that the users of this forum would be better than a standard search engine.
As they either know the answer, or can post a link to what I want.
Not what google wants to give me.

Try contacting AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) I'm sure they have the history. My local area AMA associated club started in the 60's.

http://WWW.yvam.com/contactus.html

Suwaneeguy said:
Let us forget about referring me to search engines ok?
Most of them rely on who has the most advertising to make the hit "relevant".
Then, they hit on a single word in the phrase, not the entire phrase.
I figure that the users of this forum would be better than a standard search engine.
As they either know the answer, or can post a link to what I want.
Not what google wants to give me.

Not trying to be too much of a smarta$$ (admittedly being a bit of one) - but the "let me google this for you site" makes me laugh. :lol:

I completed my masters degree a few year ago - and google is your friend (There is even a google Scholar site that produces only peer reviewed journals).

There are a bunch of advanced functions you can use to help get results closer to what you want - for example when you say "they hit on a single word in the phrase" - did you know that if you put your search in quotations it looks for the exact phrase and shows those results first?

Below is an article that explains some features of the search engine that you may not have been aware of and can help narrow your search to relevant data. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/3 ... 38470.html

You are right - in basic search mode - it is driven by advertisement and popularity heuristics. But if you use the advanced functionality - it's pretty powerful.

for question 2 I'd guess, only a guess, that it would be hirobo with their Chinook which could have 3 bladed rotors as an extra, but it might be the vario version???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31