Hiking with the Phantom

Reaction score
It was a gorgeous weekend here in the Pacific northwest, so I headed up to the mountains for a hike. I also took my Phantom, which I simply strap to my day-pack, and put all the gear inside.

I must have passed about two dozen groups on the trail, and at least half of them asked - "what's that on your backpack?". When I explained, they ALL responded with "that's so cool" or something similar. One guy was so intrigued he asked me to stop so he could take a photo of the Phantom. It was nice to have so many positive responses to the Phantom.

Here's a photo of the setup, and a screen capture from the video.

Attachments

• baker1.jpg
    baker1.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 530
  • 10380573_10152670734194973_8556366876201607801_o.jpg
    10380573_10152670734194973_8556366876201607801_o.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 567
Just don't forget your memory card!! and what you are doing is the future of hiking.

Wedeliver said:
Just don't forget your memory card!!

Funny you should say that. When I started up the Phantom and turned on the GoPro, I saw a "NO SD Card" error message. "Nooooo!!!". It was actually there - all I had to do was pull out the card and re-insert it. But for a moment there....

gavinski said:
Wedeliver said:

Funny you should say that. When I started up the Phantom and turned on the GoPro, I saw a "NO SD Card" error message. "Nooooo!!!". It was actually there - all I had to do was pull out the card and re-insert it. But for a moment there....

The "NO SD Card" error generally only pops up for 3-5 seconds for me and the goes away and all is fine.

I have a slim Dakine Mt biking bag that I strap my phantom too and go hiking. So light and easy to quickly pull it off and spin on some props, your in the air within minutes.

http://instagram.com/p/rU_zatyZ1o/?modal=true

Zeeener said:
gavinski said:
Wedeliver said:

The "NO SD Card" error generally only pops up for 3-5 seconds for me and the goes away and all is fine.

I have a slim Dakine Mt biking bag that I strap my phantom too and go hiking. So light and easy to quickly pull it off and spin on some props, your in the air within minutes.

http://instagram.com/p/rU_zatyZ1o/?modal=true

that is one nice photo. just remember when you go for that walk about, memory cards!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic