Hiking Backpack

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've always had a hard case (MicroRaptor) for my P3P and it works great, but it is an absolute bear to go on a hike with (great for a forearm burn tho) so I need to get a comfortable hiking backpack. I dont mind spending a bit of money on it if it is worth the extra spend but comfort and protection of my P3 is probably of most importance to me.

I've seen two kinds of cases - one with the custom foam cutout and the other style that is just more just like a regular backpack that has general areas to put the P3. Which are better? As for cases, one I'm looking at is the GPC P3 Backpack (which looks awesome) but is NOT cheap! There are also a bunch of cheaper ones on Amazon, so really just trying to work out what the best direction is to go.

Any of you guys have a backpack you absolutely LOVE that you can go on long hikes (3+ miles) with comfortably?

Thanks!!

Have you looked at the Lowepro 450 Droneguard?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ordered a cheap version of the DJI hardshell backpack. Takes 20 days to ship, but you can find it on Amazon instead of Banggood. When I got it, it was $55, so I couldn't resist. It's pretty comfortable, and really light, and holds up to 4 batteries (1 in Phantom plus 3 spares).

DJI Phantom 3 Backpack Hardshell Case Bag Turtle Shell Waterproof

Hi Guys,

I've always had a hard case (MicroRaptor) for my P3P and it works great, but it is an absolute bear to go on a hike with (great for a forearm burn tho) so I need to get a comfortable hiking backpack. I dont mind spending a bit of money on it if it is worth the extra spend but comfort and protection of my P3 is probably of most importance to me.

I've seen two kinds of cases - one with the custom foam cutout and the other style that is just more just like a regular backpack that has general areas to put the P3. Which are better? As for cases, one I'm looking at is the GPC P3 Backpack (which looks awesome) but is NOT cheap! There are also a bunch of cheaper ones on Amazon, so really just trying to work out what the best direction is to go.

Any of you guys have a backpack you absolutely LOVE that you can go on long hikes (3+ miles) with comfortably?

Thanks!!
As you noted, the GPC is not cheap, but it is awesome and very comfortable!
image.jpeg

This was on the the Big Island, Hawaii, Christmas 2014, with my P2V+. P3P heading to Maui in the same backpack next week!
image.jpeg

Reactions: Bleedin Iris Photog
I have the DJI hard shell and am very pleased with it. I have logged at least 50 plus miles from Anchorage to Seward and back again. I love the pads on the back and it doesn't waste any space, and it's light enough to hike with. I originally had the knock off one and soon found out you get what you pay for cause soon after I bought it the zipper broke and she'll had problems lining up when closing. Go with the DJI hard shell, it's been tested in Alaska and would have to say it has held up very well. You can find one for about 100 dollars now, they even sell them at target now, shop around and I'm sure you will find a good deal. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for all the tips guys! I like the price of the DJI one, especially if I can find one for $100!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day,

Check out the action xtras, well built and many many pockets extra for gear.

I live in Australia and this was my carry on for my recent trip to Colombia, it saw many buses as well as planes and a 4 day hike up into the Sierra Nevada to the lost city. Great value pack.

Dave.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj