Highest winds...???!!!

Reaction score
I am just curious to know what the highest wind you've flown your P2V+ In safely??? I had winds here in Houston today around 10-12 mph gusting to 15-20 and wanted to do some test flying but was nervous because I don't know what the highest wind these drones can fly in is and wasn't sure how it would react. I used to fly my T-Rex 600E in these winds or higher no problem, but I'm still new to this medium size quad and don't know it's limitations yet! Any ideas???
Thanks!

-Clint

Welcome to the forum. That was the same winds I had this afternoon right up the road by Ft. Hood. I was on top of a 300' bluff so I was getting pretty good gusts. Flew about 20 mins. Winds like that are no problem at all for the phantom. Just be careful when landing as the gusts can give you fits. You will notice shorter flight times. Some fly in 20 mph winds but it can get Harry. I normally hand catch as I do not want to take a chance messing up camera or damaging a ESC's.

Same, I'm 2 Hours to your west with the same high winds. You could tell in GPS it struggled a bit against the wind but I flew for an hour and hit a height of 400 feet with no issues. I would often switch to ATTI and have some fun with the wind. Be careful though in ATTI as once you are with the wind it can get away form you really fast.

Thanks for the replies, guys! This helps me feel a little more comfortable about how this bird flies in these types of winds...!

Cheers!

-Clint

I've been up in 20mph with gusts.... gets a bit scary because even in Naza M mode this bird is not a sppe deamon and can get carried down wind in a hurry.

When in windy conditions I try to fly UP WIND first then if you have an issue it's headed back your way anyway....

Just flew yesterday in a steady 11 MPH wind, no problems. Just make sure you compensate time-wise for flying back to your takeoff location if you happen to be flying into the headwind to get there.

Welcome to the forum. Please be sure to post in the correct area. I will move this to 'General Phantom Discussion' from 'News" for you. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic