Higher Camera Resolution & Lag?

Reaction score
I've noticed when shooting in 4K I sometimes get lag and screen stutters and flickers across the light bridge. Would it help to bump down the Resolution to 1080p? Would that help make the video feed more "fluid" and stable? Any suggestions are welcomed and thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would don't think so. It is more matter of radio transmission and tablet overheating or tablet not enough powerful (or firmware in the past) from my experience.
There is also a small possibility of an issue with your gimbal processing that get overheated when doing 4k but if your 4k recording on the SD is good that should not be the case.
Best would be to test during a flight, first in 4k until you get worst quality and then switch to 1080p or even just stop doing video.
If you loose some video signal quality from the 5 bars of the HD signal indicator, maybe it is a radio issue. Also it is the question at what distance it happens typically.
You can also check in "HD settings", "Image transmission quality" between 4 Mbps/3km to 10Mbps/0.7km. Maybe it is wrongly set?

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
It was set to 6 Mbps. Is it better to leave in Auto or set to Custom and bump it up to say 8Mbps or 10Mbps?

It was set to 6 Mbps. Is it better to leave in Auto or set to Custom and bump it up to say 8Mbps or 10Mbps?

Depends on what you're doing, but most set them on the lowest setting for maximum signal distance.

6 Mbps is usually fine on mine. This is selectable only in Custom mode.
Custom is nice if you are out of any city. It allow you to select the channel where there is minimum of disturbance. But you need to know what you do.
Auto is good as it adapt to change during the flight as when you start to loose signal it is not best time to try to search for a better channel.
Best is to make first some conservative flights in Auto before trying to break any record on a given location using Custom mode.

Ok one more question? If I decide to take the Rez down to 1080p would you go with 24fps or 30fps or even higher. I'm trying to get smooth, fluid video.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

To have it fluid the important point is the Shutter speed so it don't look smooth. It should be about double of your fps. With 24 you would use 50, with 30 / 60. This is what is usually recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers