High Wind Warning in Very Little Wind.

Reaction score
Every time I fly I seem to get a high wind warning on the app. This happens even when there is only 2-3 mph of wind at ground level. I know at higher altitudes the wind can be stronger, but I wouldn't think it would be that much difference. This seems to begin happening around 150 feet of altitude. Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this with their P4P.

Every time I fly I seem to get a high wind warning on the app. This happens even when there is only 2-3 mph of wind at ground level. I know at higher altitudes the wind can be stronger, but I wouldn't think it would be that much difference. This seems to begin happening around 150 feet of altitude. Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this with their P4P.
It's a false alarm and everyone is getting it.
Some threshold is set incorrectly and they'll probably fix it one day with a firmware update.

Yea according to blade strike DJI rep, it's been reported and they are going to continue to adjust it.

It's a false alarm and everyone is getting it.
Some threshold is set incorrectly and they'll probably fix it one day with a firmware update.

Allot of it is, but please be advised, even if dead calm on the ground, there could be as much as 20-30 knots just 300ft above, so dont always get too confident about it.
This site could be a useful tool to anticipate this, as it reads windspeed and direction at ground level, 330ft and continuing...
Windytv, wind forecast

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Just chiming in to say I've had some "strong wind" warnings in fairly mild weather as well. Hopefully it's a soft limit issue that will be addressed in an upcoming firmware.

Allot of it is, but please be advised, even if dead calm on the ground, there could be as much as 20-30 knots just 300ft above, so dont always get too confident about it.
This site could be a useful tool to anticipate this, as it reads windspeed and direction at ground level, 330ft and continuing...
Windytv, wind forecast

This is a good point. I fly fixed wing stuff with autopilots/pezo tubes etc and very often im seeing a 20-40 kph difference from just 300ft below the craft.

I tend to ignore the warning. Wish i could just turn it off rather than constantly lose screen real estate.

With my happy drones account I can analyse my wind speeds recorded whilst in flight. I have had high wind warnings also with the DJI app but never with litchi - (not even sure if it does warn)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Since the App updated I'm getting a new wind warning, this time it's something about RTH and the wind - Anyone else seeing this?

Highly annoying. Screen space is already at a premium and you have to keep removing this and it pops up again 10 seconds later.

This warning is killing me non stop
Where are you in NJ? I have definitely found the wind warning very annoying mostly on my iPhone 7 but less annoying on my mini4 and air2. The winds have been pretty bad at points the last few weeks I've had my P4P so I still take it seriously by not flying too far out. I usually do a sight test of the trees, flags, etc as they give you a good indication of wind speed. I always add 5 mph when going up to 400 feet and after learning the hard way I never fly anymore in anything greater than 30mph winds (which we've had 3 times this week)

I really do hope they adjust it as it does pop up even in 10 mph winds which the Phantom can handle no problem.

As I mentioned before I get it hovering in my warehouse with no wind as for the P4p handling when I've flown mine in much higher winds than that without any problem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik