Hidden No Fly Zone?!

Reaction score
Hello! Today 14 January 2016 at 07:30 AM (GMT +2) I've tried to fly in area, that I was already flying, a month ago. But there NO FLY ZONE area appear... Just when Phantom 3 updated Home Point. Circle about 20 Km in diameter.
RiAsIly.jpg

There are no airports, no military base, just village. Here exact location 50°23'24.0"N 30°09'19.5"E But it's not small circle for about 100m on 100m. It is 15 or 20km RANGE no fly zone, bigger then category A zone in two or more three times. Here video I capture
Please explain me what it is???
P.S. All my city was in no fly circles, some kind of faulty in a system???
Ra3K42S.jpg

Did you recently update your app on your iOS or Android device to version 2.50? There was a bug that made yellow zones appear as red no fly zones. It is supposed to be fixed now, if you reset everything.

Did you recently update your app on your iOS or Android device to version 2.50? There was a bug that made yellow zones appear as red no fly zones. It is supposed to be fixed now, if you reset everything.
I've re install already everything, and it didn't work... I'm already at home, will try same area on monday... will reply here... very disappointing bug, That have cost me 200$ (filming day) ((((

Uninstall and reinstall the latest app. That should fix it.

DJI don't seem to have got their act together yet on this one....If you look at their maps on the link given by Moose408 above, it shows London Heathrow and Gatwick airports as Authorisation zones, not Restricted zones as they should be. Looks as though this system is going to take a while to settle down and make proper sense.

You need to self authorise using the page Moose48 linked to.
You must also have the beta 1.7 firmware installed to your P3 if desiring to be able to self-authorize... the GEO system is in beta still and changing all the time as they work through issues... that's why it's beta...

You must also have the beta 1.7 firmware installed to your P3 if desiring to be able to self-authorize... the GEO system is in beta still and changing all the time as they work through issues... that's why it's beta...
WTF? I need some beta Firmware to fly near my house??? What is going on???

Reactions: Apilot101

Then why are they force rolling it out to all of us if its BETA?

Reactions: Apilot101
Then why are they force rolling it out to all of us if its BETA?
The new GEO system has 2 "parts": (1) the Firmware, (2) The DJI GO application

Only the beta 1.7 firmware supports recognition of self-authorization conducted by the appropriate corresponding DJI GO app version (I think starting with 2.50). So, the presumed intent by DJI is the new GEO Red/Yellow/Green areas and unlocking scheme wouldn't be exposed unless you were using the beta firmware.

Unfortunately, according to this thread, IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50 may enable GEO functionality | DJI Phantom Forum, it seems that the new DJI GO App v2.50 was imposing adherence to the new GEO flight zones information...

If you review that thread, supposedly there are actions you can take to establish "the old way" of NFZ handling instead of GEO database...

My point was that an alernative might be to acquire and install the beta 1.7 firmware so that you could possibly unlock areas if the DJI GO application won't let you fly... or get an alternate 3rd party flight application like Litchi instead...

Uh, yea. they would. Why would you think that a top secret instillation would NOT be a NFZ?

Uh, yea. they would. Why would you think that a top secret instillation would NOT be a NFZ?
Well... because it's a secret. If it's a secret military base or installation why would they mark it as such? I would not think that was a great idea but dunno...

A hidden base is different than a top secret base.
Ok... If it is a base that is restricted. Then yes it should show up as such. If it is a secret installation then it would be just plain stupid to put it in the application because once you tell everyone where it is it isn't secret anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20