Hi - New Member Here....

Reaction score
I received my P3S yesterday, and am looking forward to enjoying this equipment. Let me put what I am writing in context, this is not a write up to trash the Bebop 2 drone I own, just some real observations from flying the aircraft. The Bebop 2 was a perfect starter drone: lightweight, low cost with a decent camera. Unfortunately, in my use, I discovered the Bebop 2 suffers from some critical flaws: The software driven static front pointing camera limits image capture capability, and is a constant risk for damage in a crash - and an unreliable Wi-Fi connection that frequently drops, leaving my drone stranded in mid-air, until the auto home triggered.

As mentioned, the Bebop 2 drone has a stationary fisheye lens attached to the nose of the drone, instead of an external camera mounted on a gimbal under the aircraft body, that can physically pan and tilt. That being said, the Bebop 2 drone - which is capable of a top speed at 37 miles an hour can be a disaster waiting to happen - which I have experienced first hand! Let some crash scenario possibilities with a Bebop 2 drone go through your mind - and check this video...

The Bebop 2 shifts focus within the field of view generated by the fisheye with a trick accomplished through software. One motivator that prompted me to update my aerial photography capability was the camera on the Phantom 3, with a physical three-axis gimbal - as opposed to software image stabilization in my Bebop 2.

Because of these things I identified, the Parrot Bebop 2 does not meet my higher standards demand for serious aerial photography, like the Phantom 3 Standard I added to my flight line. One reason I made the decision to purchase the Phantom 3 Standard is because high-quality aerial photos and video are what's most important to me as a photographer. That being said, my Bebop 2 Quadcopter was an ideal first-time drone for my initiation as a drone photographer – it is still fun to fly - and a keeper.

Cheers!

Greg
Cary, NC

Last edited:
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

My tools - side by side...
21587045_10212916126713261_7549354373505998776_o.jpg
21587045_10212916126713261_7549354373505998776_o.jpg

Thanks for the shout out. I like the DJI brand of drones. In fact, I REALLY like the DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo - just think it would be difficult justifying a $6,200 purchase for a drone with my wife - just sayin' :)
Same here. I kept running into things. Finally, my wife got tired of me getting new parts to repair my p3s. She told me to get a drone with obstacle avoidance. I said it would cost more. She said, not in the long run. So now I have a p 4 with a better camera.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Hello neighbor and welcome to the forum.

The Inspire2 is a pretty serious Cinematic setup. It's like buying a new Ferrari to carry the kids to daycare LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub