Hi...My name is Mark

Reaction score
I don't own a drone, but have been into photography for a while and I used to fly ( long time ago )...the drones are fascinating and I am kicking tires, giving some thought to getting one...I don't want to buy a piece of junk...but not looking to sink a thousand bucks into the first one.....anyone offer some guide lines?...Thank you....Mark

I don't own a drone, but have been into photography for a while and I used to fly ( long time ago )...the drones are fascinating and I am kicking tires, giving some thought to getting one...I don't want to buy a piece of junk...but not looking to sink a thousand bucks into the first one.....anyone offer some guide lines?...Thank you....Mark
If you are in to photography and want more control over your shots, a Phantom pro v2 would be your choice. A Mavic air 2 would be your cheaper choice.

Hi Wv. Rootman...thank you for the information...I will look into those models....are they suitable for someone with no experience?

Last edited:
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum.

The Phantom 4 Pro v2 and the Mavic Air 2 are certainly good drones for photography especially the Phantom 4 Pro, but they will cost you near $1000 or more depending on the model. If you are just starting out in the hobby I think you are better off starting off with something like the Mini 2. You can always move up later if you want to.

I too am into photography and have 2 DSLRs and an assortment of lenses. I have 2 drones - both low end - a Phantom 3 Standard and a Spark. I have gotten some amazing shots out of their 12MP cameras. Eventually I will upgrade to a better drone camera system but for now I am happy with what I have.

Chris

Thank you for the welcome Mavikhan and a thanks to Chrislaf for the advice ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

not looking to sink a thousand bucks into the first one
The Mini 2 is one of the more price friendly DJI drones. And it's packed with many great features.

One of my relatives purchased a DJI Mini 2. I was very impressed by it's capabilities. Compared to my P4P2, it is a much better "bang for the buck". I often fear to fly in some areas or try out features just because I am rather concerned about causing a crash to my investment. I think at this point I would rather have the Mini2 for no other reason than I could afford to lose my investment. The P4P cost me more than three Mini2's.

If your goal is photography, the Mini2 camera has several nice features. It is a wider angle camera, with a 2x mechanical and up to 4x with digital zoom. Sometimes you just can't fly in to where you want to take a certain shot, and there are distinct advantages to being able to see closer on the operating screen to snap a picture, rather than relying on digital manipulation of a photo after you have finished the flight. This particularly true for video. I really wish the P4P had a zoom feature.

n top of that consideration, it is below 250grams weight, exempting it from a lot of the new & proposed rules.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Phantom Forum: Look into our favorite drone of the decade the DJI Air 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

I found what I believe is a good deal on a DJI Phantom2+ metal padded carry case 4 batteries, extra props and prop guards...a guy bought it and never used it...wants 300 dollars...decent deal?

I got it...it looks like it is going to be fun....now to figure out how to download everything and use it?
DSCN5097.jpg
DSCN5098.jpg
DSCN5099.jpg
DSCN5100.jpg

Everything seems to work...just having trouble figuring out how to find the correct APP for the phone and the website to update the drone itself

Everything seems to work...just having trouble figuring out how to find the correct APP for the phone and the website to update the drone itself
IOS or Android.

IOS Apple phone
Did you look for DJI Vision in the App Store

I did...but have to try it again...I was getting something titled utilities...I don't think it is the same thing...thank you

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31