Hi, I'm a newbie and need some answers ...pls!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've had my Phantom 2 with Gopro Hero 3+ for just over 2 weeks now and I love it.
I'm still a novice but I'm getting to grips with flying it and gaining in confidence daily.
My set up is as follows;
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter
DJI RC control system
Zenmuse GoPro gimbal
FatShark FPV Goggles
Fatshark 250mW 5.8GHZ Video transmitter
5200mah Lipo
Charger

I'd be grateful for some input on the following...
1. Is there a way of telling when your batteries are low in your RC control system (I think it's called the transmitter)?
2. Can you buy 'cheap' spare Lipo batteries anywhere?
3. If you're in a built up area flying in GPS mode and you lose signal will it fly back to you at the level its at or will it rise above buildings back to me?
4. What is the difference between a Fatshark 250mW video transmitter and a 600mW one?

I'm sure there's more I need to know but that will do for now.
Please help!

Phil

1. Add "voltage check transmitter batteries" in your pre flight checklist OR install one and mount it on your transmitter.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/digital-voltage-display

2. Cheap lipos for a P2, not until they drop the price or someone jailbreaks the P2 handshake

3. It's programmed to accend/descend to 20m above home position then fly toward home position, hover and land.

4. More range, immersionRC makes the 600mW one

gen3benz said:
3. It's programmed to accend/descend to 20m above home position then fly toward home position, hover and land.

Not true. If it is below 20m when it enters FS it will climb to 20m and return home. If it is above 20m when it enters FS it will stay at its current hight and return home.

Thanks guys,
I really am totally 'green' so can you tell me what is the required voltage of the batteries in the transmitter?
And also, if I was to buy a digital voltage display, how is it fitted?
Thanks

You will probably want to practice on another quad or hell prior to flying this expensive phantom.

My two cents

xgeek said:
Not true. If it is below 20m when it enters FS it will climb to 20m and return home. If it is above 20m when it enters FS it will stay at its current hight and return home.
Good to know, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic