Hi guys, Need a Little Help.

Reaction score
Alright,

Here is my story.

I screwed up, crashed my drone - P3S. Only thing that broke on it was the Gimbal. (Yaw arm, motor attached to that arm, ribbon cable, and the vib board)

Anyway, i was upset. I still wanted to see if it would fly, so i flew it with the camera snapped off at the yaw arm. it flew just fine. I decided I would lighten the aircraft up a bit but removing the base of the Gimbal, where the grey and black antenna wires are and the grey ribbon cable.

I flew it like that perfectly for about 10 minutes, i did notice the lights were flashing strange, but it flew, hovered etc with no issues, note i did not have my phone connected.

Once I landed, shut down the motors, it would not start back up.

I tried again this morning, still wont start. The phone reads no battery life or anything, so I connected that main gimbal board again. I now see battery life etc. Aircraft still will not start. Blinks Yellow lights, then occasionally will blink slow green for a few seconds, then yellow again.

I tried updating firmware, it downloads but will not install, says fail. Is this because the SD card that is in the camera needs to be installed? I see how to install firmware via card on the adv/pro but my gimbal has no spot to insert an SD card. Is this why the update is failing? Or how do I get my controller to get signal again.

Overall health i have a bunch of errors etc, yaw error pitch error etc, does that effect anything?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thank you guys!

I'm fairly certain that you some how managed to overside the software and just have it "forget" about the camera you would be able to fly the phantom just fine without the gimbal. However, the aircraft isn't too much use without a gimbal to be honest. It sounds like your gimbal may be beyond repair :(. Cheapest solution would be to order a replacement off amazon and do it yourself. It is not terribly complicated.

As for your phantom not starting up again, I had a similar issue when I messed up my gimbal. I could not get the aircraft to start unless gimbal was detected. This goes back to my comment above about how there's probably a link with the gimbal and software that prevents. or at least attempts to prevent, take off.

Just a thought...have you tried re-linking the remote and the aircraft to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks for the help guys, I've tried rekindling, says it works but still flashes yellow with the occasion green OK Status.

I did notice my compass plug which connects to the thing in the top she'll, gps? Is bent but appears to still be in tact, would this have any effect on the controller/yellow lights?

Once again, I appreciate your replies Jet And Brandman!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers