Hi from Huntley Illinois

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of P3A and also glad to have found this site. I am new to flying altogether but my Granddaughter got me a little small drone for xmas and have been flying and crashing in house and have to admit I am hooked. I ordered the P3A and can't wait to use it. I am more into CNC but with the GPS thinking along same lines just bigger space. I am in the learning mode before I even think about pictures. I want to see what all I have to do so I can practice on the simulator first and hope by the time the weather changes will be ready to fly it. Anyhow wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Thanks,
John

Hi Everyone,
It is me again. The P3A came and have been reading and watching the beginner videos on DJI and am learning but have a question. Does everything come charged up and ready to go or do you have to charge the batteries and the controller? I want to set it up using the ipad so I can use the simulator and get use to the controller over the winter. There is a park close to where I live that people go to fly their RC planes and that is where I will go to learn to fly. Any suggestions would be welcome and will post more questions as I think of them. Again thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Thanks,
John

Welcome to the forum blue.
Charge everything up first .
I would keep reading and watching all you can and any questions
ask in the Pro/Adv section and you will get quicker answers to anything
you ask .Enjoy and fly safe :)

Thank You,
I am reading everything I can and watching what I can. I can't wait to get out with it but winter time here so have time to read and learn. What is a good inside drone that you can use for learning. I am working with the one from Granddaughter and trying to learn control with it. Getting some control but have a way to go.

Thanks Again,
John

John can't help ya there as I started with a FC40 .
Search in my signature and type in the middle for beginner drones
and you will see threads on whatever you want to see.
There are many folks here that like Husban or I
see that a lot .

Hi
I ordered the Syma X8C because of the size and would rather learn on that one until I get some time under my belt. From what I have been reading it is tough and should give the feel of the P3A without taking the chance of crashing the expensive one. I know it don't have things like the P3A but want to learn how to control the drone without the help of GPS so I can control the P3A if something goes wrong. I have been playing with the small one and getting to understand the actions of it more and more. Also I am glad I found this site because it has been very helpful and everyone seams willing to help each other. Will let everyone know how it goes with the X8C when I get it.

Thanks,
John

Hi everyone,
My Syma X8C came today and have put together with prop guards so will be getting out and trying to get some experience under my belt. Like I have said before want to get better at flying before I take out the P3A. I know a lot of people will just take the Phantoms out and learn but don't want to get dependent on the GPS so thinking this might be better. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
John

Hi Everyone,
I took the X8 out today just to get some time on it. It was a little windy and also around 29 degrees. It went good got away one time because of the wind but just cut down on the power and it came down not where I wanted but was keeping it in close anyhow. But now can see how the wind will play with it. Battery life was short but not bad, could be because of the temp. I did have fun and can't wait to go back out. Anyhow just an update.

Later

Hi Everyone,
Had a chance to get the Syma out yesterday and learned a few things like wind can cause you problems and also your quad will do some things you don't expect if new at this. The gyro got a little off after a crash landing not hard but not upright. I thought I was having trouble with a motor but when I turned everything off and restarted everything worked fine. As the weather gets warmer will fly more and will also get the P3A out. Reading and learning and experiencing as I go so hopefully will get the hang of this. I am really enjoying learning to fly and hope to get into the picture taking as I get better, but one step at a time.
Just wanted to give an update.

Later.
John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers