HI from Boston

Reaction score
My name is Derek and I am new to flying copters. I have been into RC cars, and some photography so this looked like an easy fit for me. I am a gadget guy, and like to have the best within reason. I have wanted a P4, but with 4 kids not realistic at this time. I was at a major retail store that had P3S price marked wrong, so I bought 2, and sold one.(they were listed for $160). I have flown it twice, and love it. The only issue I have is the range. I have been trying to read up on what MODS people do to them for distance. I would like to go 2+mi. I wished I have tried to traded them both in, and got a P3A, or something with more range and some more features. What are people doing to get long reliable distances?

Thanks
Derek

Welcome to the forum Derek .
I use itelite panels on all my birds and get 2 miles + but now that's straight out and back
and is in the country with 0 noise .
I wish I had found them at that price :)

Thanks for the reply, It was a great deal. Was going to keep the second as a pair, but all I really wanted was a battery. I would have rather maybe bought a case with the extra money. One question I have is when you guys say straight out, does that mean totally straight? My inlays have a lake house where I want to use it. I would take off from shore, and then it dog legs to the right, so not totally straight> Also once you guys lose these over the tree line does that effect the signal? once again thanks for the reply.

Derek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20