Hi Folks, a little help understanding this log

Reaction score
Hi folks. Had a phantom 4 pro fall out of sky - only a bout 2 metres high. happened after about 1 min flying, then just dropped. battery stayed in drone, motors had stopped but drone was still powered on etc.. got the flight log here - the battery seems to go from 39% to 0% in the last few seconds.. and a download link lost. any advice much apprecied, time to get rid or try a new battery??

Attachments

• log.jpg
    log.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 294
Need to see the FULL log file. Share a link to it here.

You're lucky it was only six feet up. Were both battery clips still engaged? really looking forward to the log on this one as there have been so many reports of late and I doubt all have been the result of an incorrectly installed battery.

Ok, one more for now, I'd like to see the original .txt file. I can get more data from the other converter. Can you upload that here? There are a few area's in that I would lie to look at.

Ok, one more for now, I'd like to see the original .txt file. I can get more data from the other converter. Can you upload that here? There are a few area's in that I would lie to look at.

no probs - here is the csv file #newtothis :)

Attachments

• 2018-07-29_17-41-12_v2 - Copy.txt
    403.4 KB · Views: 223
Ok, will look at that in a sec. At first look it appears to a momentary power loss. The motors indeed shutdown, but the battery data was still being transmitted apparently. This one is very odd.

Reactions: Mark Zaccaria
That .txt file is empty.

My bad, this uploaded log is a Litchi data file. You didn't say that.

here is a text file if that helps..
Litchi does not create .txt files. What you have uploaded is all there is, other than the aircraft .dat file on the aircraft itself.

Ok, as I originally said, this appears to be a momentary power loss. As to the cause? Unknown at this point. This power loss co-incided almost identically with the downlink signal that was lost, so the data is a bit skewed at best due to that. However you can see by this that for the last few seconds, the motors did shut off, along with most everything else, and then came back at the last second. Of coarse with the signal loss issue I don't think I can determine more fully what the issue actually was. The best I can say right now is a momentary loss of power, which caused the motors to shut down. Naturally, they don't re-start themselves. That said, if you wish to look in to this more thoroughly, I suggest you pull the .dat file from the AC. Here is a link with instructions if you wish to do that. If you do, you will need to upload that file to a sharable location, such as dropbox, google drive etc...and share a link back here to that.

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Ok, as I originally said, this appears to be a momentary power loss. As to the cause? Unknown at this point. This power loss co-incided almost identically with the downlink signal that was lost, so the data is a bit skewed at best due to that. However you can see by this that for the last few seconds, the motors did shut off, along with most everything else, and then came back at the last second. Of coarse with the signal loss issue I don't think I can determine more fully what the issue actually was. The best I can say right now is a momentary loss of power, which caused the motors to shut down. Naturally, they don't re-start themselves. That said, if you wish to look in to this more thoroughly, I suggest you pull the .dat file from the AC. Here is a link with instructions if you wish to do that. If you do, you will need to upload that file to a sharable location, such as dropbox, google drive etc...and share a link back here to that.

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
Thank you for looking at that, appreciated. I will try with another battery and see how it behaves... if it still does the same, something must be up with the A/C itself i guess.

Thank you for looking at that, appreciated. I will try with another battery and see how it behaves... if it still does the same, something must be up with the A/C itself i guess.
You launched with the battery showing 48% and 3.8V per cell.
The % indicator only shows and accurate reading when you launch with a fully charged battery.
Your battery was nearly dead when you started.
Launching with a battery that has partially discharged is just asking for trouble and is a common cause of Phantoms falling from the sky.

You launched with the battery showing 48% and 3.8V per cell.
The % indicator only shows and accurate reading when you launch with a fully charged battery.
Your battery was nearly dead when you started.
Launching with a battery that has partially discharged is just asking for trouble and is a common cause of Phantoms falling from the sky.

Ok thanks, will charge the current battery to 100% and try another 100% battery and see what happens :)

will charge the current battery to 100%
What Meta4 said is true, however I don't think that is the issue, but once a cell reaches 3.2v it will shut down. This is what causes the AC to fall from the sky. You were still above that point, but try it again fully charged and see how it goes.

HI Folks, wanted to give you an update and feel free to make nay comments. Tried a flight again today, with a different battery, made sure it was at 100% charged. It flew for about 9 mins with out any probs. I was only keeping it about 1 metre or so high (just in case) and tried it with sensors all on and sensors all off (made so difference). Here is the flight log:DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Seems to be no real cell deviation in the battery, no download load link lost or no 'orange' highlighted in the cell 1,2 or 3 column of the log. both previous'drops out of sky' happened after about 1 minute... I will do another bigger test but does this sound like a dodgy battery? Many thanks. any thoughts let me know :)

both previous'drops out of sky' happened after about 1 minute...
This makes sense that it would not occur during a short flight with a full charge. It could be the fact that the discharge is non-linear, and non- linearity happens at a higher charge level than you would expect. Being the previous data was skewed from the signal loss, one might suspect that it could indeed be a battery issue. Many have flown with less 50% charge for a short time and experience no issues. Others are the opposite.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20