Hi everyone - Mr indecisive here, please help.

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just looking at getting a P3, not sure which one to go for as I was initially just going to get the P3S but I think I would prefer the controller to have more options for taking photos and starting/stopping the video like on the other versions as well as using my 8 inch tablet with it.

At that point I started looking at the P3 4k and the P3A, both come with the better controller but I couldn't decide between 4k that I probably wont use at the moment and the extra range of lightbridge that I probably wont use at the moment either, especially as the law in the UK means I need to be able to see the Phantom.

The DJI website in the UK currently has both at £699, I'd then need to get a backpack and probably another battery so then it's getting close to £900.

They also have the P3P with an extra battery for £989 which looks like a great deal. Add a backpack and I guess you're looking at a little over £1000 which makes me think I'd be crazy to spend £900 on either of the lesser models but then I have to keep reminding myself I started out looking at a £450 quad and now I'm close to spending more than double that.

How did you guys make the decision, am I being crazy and wasting money when I should just get the standard and live with adjusting the camera in app, should I take the middle ground and get the 4k or advanced or is it worth the couple of hundred extra for the pro?

**** I'm so indecisive with things like this :(

The P3 4K is really a P3S 4K. It has no lightbridge, no GLONASS. That's why I'd get the P3A, which will leave you some money to get that other stuff you wanted.

MHO

I made the decision by weighing out what I wanted out of the Phantom 3. Though I'm not a long distance flyer, having
the lightbridge means better signal even at a nominal distance... I do not have ANY 4k viewing equipment at the moment,
and as I have other fiscally intensive hobbies, decided that 2.7k would be more than adequate for entry level aerial
photography. (The P3A is the highest resolution camera I own!)

So... YOU have to decide if you want to fly back yard/bar-b-q or stretch the range past VLOS. Are you a shutter bug?
Do you NEED 4K, or plan to fly FPV?? If so, just get the P3P... If not the P3A is takes quality footage with good range.
Keepin' your bird close by, the P3S 4k is good value. I know 3 friends that got the P3S 4k, and love it... goes far enough for them!

Good Luck!!!

the p34k only has a 480p resolution on the tablet or device you are using DJI Go on where as the Advanced has a 720p downlink res. Do yourself a favor and just get the advanced, it is by far in my opinion the best bang for your buck.

Would people say that the 480p downlink is a deal breaker? for me that's DVD quality on an 8 inch screen so I would have thought that would be adequate?

Would people say that the 480p downlink is a deal breaker? for me that's DVD quality on an 8 inch screen so I would have thought that would be adequate?
It depends what you want a Phantom for. If you are going to be trying to take good pictures and video you will want the better resolution for framing your shots. Also I owned a p3s and the video feed would cut out a lot, lightbridge is worth the extra $

at the same price for the 3S and 3A --- go for the solid range and clear clean video of Lightbridge

if you can go the little extra,
get the pro and you will be happy period.

if you add an extra battery(and you WILL) to the 3a or 3 s now the cost is over 800
now the difference between the the PRO and the other 2 aint so much!

whatever you choose.

good luck and have fun flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj