Hey Pilots

Reaction score
New pilot here and loving the hobby.
I have picked up a P3 Advanced (with a model number of w322)
recently I have had a problem that I have seen posted here before. I have read lots of posts but not really found a solution.

I use an Android Hisense Sero 8 with go pro app.
I have a Lexar 16gbyte model 633 ssd card.

My problem is that the camera feed does not onto the tablet app. The gimbal resets correctly on powering up and I can control the gimbal with the side wheel.

The camera operation buttons are greyed out as if to say the camera is not accessible.

This has come about getting slowly worse over the last few flights. I have been able to make it work by starting the P3 without the card inserted. (the camera is then displayed and I then fit the card). Even this doecsnt work now.

I have formatted the card with ntfs and ex fat which doesnt make a difference.

Lots of posts mention downgrading so ive tried that. (Downgrading the controller works fine)
I format the card, drop on the bin file as the only file and then power up the P3. Nada.

Interestingly the card sometimes add the DCIM folder which makes me think it is being recognised. Ive also tried an old 2Gbyte card with no difference.

Is it time to call the local DJI engineer. (im in Bristol in the uk if anyone knows a good one)

Cheers Drive :)

#1 Was it working fine.
#2 Format the card while it is in the Phantom.
#3 The "DCIM" folder usually shows up when you format the card in the Phantom.
#4 The "DCIM" folder is probably created if not there before, when go to take a picture or video (I'm guessing on this one) :rolleyes:
#5 Did you try another card? Old 2 Gig card, hum, pretty small, probably to slow.
#6 Did you try another device?
#7 Why did you state you have "go pro app"?

Your turn :eek:

Rod

Hi Rod..

#1 Was it working fine. I did crash it aprox 4 months ago. (new shell and gimbal cables were replaced and was working ok after)

#2 Format the card while it is in the Phantom. Im not able to access the camera menu option to get to the format option. Its greyed out .

#3 The "DCIM" folder usually shows up when you format the card in the Phantom. In this case it seems to have appeared from just being powered up.

#4 The "DCIM" folder is probably created if not there before, when go to take a picture or video (I'm guessing on this one) :rolleyes: Im not sure.. It appeared after being powered up with only the upgrade bin file

#5 Did you try another card? Old 2 Gig card, hum, pretty small, probably to slow. No other cards at the moment.

#6 Did you try another device? No.. Im a 1 bird man :0

#7 Why did you state you have "go pro app"? Complete numptyness.. I was trying to give as much info as poss and meant "DJI go" rather than Litchie. Go pro is not involved LOL

Thanks for your input ..M

Reactions: RodPad
Complete numptyness.. I was trying to give as much info as poss and meant "DJI go" rather than Litchie. Go pro is not involved LOL

Thanks for your input ..M

Don't feel bad.

I've typed Go Pro into messages when I meant DJI Go enough times to be in the Top Ten list of doing that.

Luckily I usually catch it, but there have been a few "late edits" to fix it too!

AD

Thanks for your help..
I'll get another card tomorrow .
I've also tried with an iPhone 6s with the same problem.

Update.. Ive tried with a new Sandisk Extreme Card and still no camera feed to the tablet. If i use the go app on my Iphone I can get to the format card option but the app says "no card".
Im gonna pop the lid tonight and check for loose cables

Thanks for update,

"This has come about getting slowly worse over the last few flights. I have been able to make it work by starting the P3 without the card inserted. (the camera is then displayed and I then fit the card). Even this doecsnt work now."
I' don't remember reading all of this just the part of starting the P3 and then inserting card.
My thought was your not supposed to do that.

So with a new card hopefully you can find a bad connection.

Rod

It was something I read from another post with a similar issue.. thought I'd try ;)

BUMP..
Replaced the cable and added a set of washers under the gimbal plate so the new cable doesnt get squished again.
No picture on the tablet. The I6 running go app can get to the "format card" option but says "no card"
Wondering if the gimbal board is knacked.

Crap, you still broke?

Rod

Yep.. I've mailed a guy that does sensibly priced repairs so fingers crossed.
It's made worse as my boss has just bought a Mavic. Swine !

My drone did that when I got it. This is what I did...
Open Settings> About (left)> Software Information> More. Then tap “Build number” seven times to enable Developer options. Go to Developer options (left)> turn of USB debugging> scroll down farther to USB configuration> tap on it and change it to RNDIS (USB ethernet). Turn on AC and RC> Plug in device.

That works for me. You might have to do it a few times because I keeps wanting to change it back. Downfall is you have to do it every time, but it seems to work.

Good luck and happy flyin'!

No it's not on wifi.. and thanks I'll try the developer option.. it does the same On my iPhone 6 so was thinking it was hardware on the p3..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31