Hero3 + Zenmuse H3-2D FPV video problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a Hero3 in a Zenmuse gimbal on a DJI Phantom 1 with NAZA-M v2. We installed an iOSD mini and a Fatshark transmitter for FPV (+goggles) with my brother (who has loads of experience soldering). Everything else seems to work perfectly except for the video out on the Zenmuse.

What works:
- The gimbal is stabilizing the camera
- The camera records video on the memory card
- The video transmitter transmits an empty screen with the iOSD overlay texts and the goggles receive it
- In an earlier setup separate from the Phantom the video transmitter transmitted a live feed from the mini video cam included with Fatshark

The video connection goes like this: gimbal jack => iOSD mini => fatshark transmitter. iOSD mini has only two pins for video in and two for video out, so at first we left out the red cable coming from the gimbal, but then I tried passing it through on the side straight from the gimbal to the transmitter. That didn't make any difference.

I downloaded the assistant application for the gimbal controller but there are no settings for the video out. I'm assuming the gimbal controller provides a physical pass-through for the Hero3 output, so I tried iterating the Hero3 config parameters, but nothing helps. I don't have a video cable for the Hero3 so that I could test if there is any output.

Are there any relevant settings anywhere in this setup that I could try changing? Should the video out work out of the box? I can see that the iOSD and the video transmitter work fine, as does the camera unless I need a live feed.

Any ideas, I'm running out?

-- Eki

are you in video mode on the gopro, in only supplies live video in video mode, not timelapse etc

shortyuk said:
are you in video mode on the gopro, in only supplies live video in video mode, not timelapse etc

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I'm in video mode.

I also forgot to mention, that I connected the gimbal controller to my TV using a standard video cable, but there was no signal. Does the plug have a standard layout?

-- Eki

After changing the Hero3, I concluded that the gimbal controller may be broken since it's not relaying video from the gimbal. We installed the original minicam, which came with the Fatshark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic