Hero3+ question and zenmuse

Reaction score
Is this the only way to actually be able to control the go pro after take off through the app. As in with the gimbal I have , I have to start recording before I take off . I need a this setup to where I can take snap shots mid air . Or is this only going to happen by using the dji camera setup?? Please explain.

Last edited:
Is this the only way to actually be able to control the go pro after take off through the app. As in with the gimbal I have , I have to start recording before I take off . I need a this setup to where I can take snap shots mid air . Or is this only going to happen by using the dji camera setup?? Please explain.

The P2 uses a frequency of 2.4GHz as does the GoPro's wifi so using wifi will cause control problems. There isn't any way to snap a photo while in flight with a phantom 2 non vision quad. If you what that type of flexibility you need a P2 vision+, any the P3 systems or the new P4.

For the ability of snapping photos while in flight with GoPro on a P2NV system the camera would have to be setup in video/photo mode and turn on prior to takeoff. In order to view what the camera sees on a P2NV you would also need a FPV system such as a video transmitter, mini iOSD,cabling and monitor/receiver.

Yah damnit. that sucks because I have all of that stuff for fpv but and it works and am but like I said I need to be able to fly around and take snap shots . guess all that stuff is going for sale . Can I not by the gimbal and camera off a p2v or p2v+ and put it on??

Don't give up yet. I felt the same way when I started with a GoPro and Zenmuse setup. But after a few years of using my GoPro, I have realized that if I record at 1080p 60fps, I can get the most amazing screen grabs from video.

They may not be as high res as some of the still shots, but not bad at all. So from here on, I choose my shot width, resolution and frame rate before take off. Then let her run. I pull my stills in post production.

It's not a total loss, and you may be surprised at the frames you captured that you may have missed if shooting stills.

Good luck!

Have you tried setting up for timed interval shots? Set to take every 5seconds.
Also look into video+photo. With Protune off, You can record 1080p@30fps and have timed interval photos taken. The interval photos are better than the 1080p screen grabs.

Don't give up yet. I felt the same way when I started with a GoPro and Zenmuse setup. But after a few years of using my GoPro, I have realized that if I record at 1080p 60fps, I can get the most amazing screen grabs from video.

They may not be as high res as some of the still shots, but not bad at all. So from here on, I choose my shot width, resolution and frame rate before take off. Then let her run. I pull my stills in post production.

It's not a total loss, and you may be surprised at the frames you captured that you may have missed if shooting stills.

Good luck!

I use mine the exact way you describe. Here is a screenshot from today from my phone. Not sure what the GoPro setting was. I will try to pull it from the app tomorrow. Do not have high hopes as the wind was howling.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1467256346614.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467256346614.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 409

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20