HERO3, can't play the video

Reaction score
Hi all, Well the phantom is a gas to fly, lovin every second.
The problem is that I can't play the video. The files come out with a MP4, or LRV or THM file extension.
What am I doing wrong?

But **** that thing is fun to fly!!!

Graybeard

graybeard said:
Hi all, Well the phantom is a gas to fly, lovin every second.
The problem is that I can't play the video. The files come out with a MP4, or LRV or THM file extension.
What am I doing wrong?

But **** that thing is fun to fly!!!

Graybeard

LVR and THM files are still files. Trash Em.
MP4 files are highly compressed and give computers a run for there money.
Convert the MP4 in the free GoPro software.
Very easy and will convert to a PC or Apple format.
If you are a Mac guy, FCPX conforms the footage very well.
Just use the GPro software. Very simple to use.

After conversion the footage will play very well and not be such a load on your computer.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

THM is thumbnail for the app and LRV is low Res video also for use with the gopro app so as edunwody says dont worry about these.

The MP4 file should play on most computer's but not always very well depending on the mode used and computer specs. Anything higher then 1080p60 wont play in most media players though and likely you will only get audio in these players.

Best media player around to play raw gopro MP4 files is the free VLC player, this will play everything even 4k as well as your setup can manage it and much better then wmp or quicktime on a mac. Also if you have cineform you can simply playback all the regular mp4 files in it too as it plays all formats quite well before conversion.

Converting to cineform avi will make it less compressed, be better for editing and your regular media player will be able to play these files much better. VLC player cant playback cineform avi files as its not an open format.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic