Here's the challenge

Reaction score
This sounds easier than it actually is. Fly out one mile, and then land. touch the ground and then take off again and come back home. Have to have the video to prove it.

All you need is a 1 mile clear LOS without ANY obstructions. Sounds like a trip to the desert is in order.

This sounds easier than it actually is. Fly out one mile, and then land. touch the ground and then take off again and come back home. Have to have the video to prove it.
Once we see your video i'm sure others will even try to beat it. :)

Reactions: Bigdz
If it's LOS then it might as well be 100 feet away not a big deal. If you land out of LOS then you're an idiot. My $.02.

Sounds fun. Maybe I will...

Here comes the influx of new pilot "flyaway" stories
Oh-dear-youre-new.jpg

Sure right away

Ooooh boy. I can see it now.... New thread: P3 crashed, bout a mile away, definite fly away or something, can't find it, not my fault, no response from DJI, (angry emoji)

Last edited:
Ooooh boy. I can see it now.... New thread: P3 crashed, bout a mile away, definite fly away or something, can't find it, not my fault, no response from DJI, (angry emoji)

Don't forget about the battery falling out! Oh did I mention it was raining, 35 MPH winds. I just don't know what went wrong? But that tornado was HUGE![emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Reactions: F6Rider
I Like your Idea... But it's a bit much for most.
DSLReports in the Photo Forum runs contest's...

It mite not work in this forum.... But you could have for instance...
Videos Only No longer than 3 mins
Contest should last for at least one week making sure to include a weekend.

One Target for each week...
1: Best Circle maneuver around an old Barn ( Gives folks ideas and gets them out. )
2: Best Gods Eye ( Subject to be picked )
3: Best Sun Set Video
4: Best Auto Car) Shot
The list is endless as long as it's with in reason for everyone and not illegal.

An OP would be assigned and the person that gets chosen (wins) would get to pick the next goal.
Each time the winner votes on the next winner.

That forum has a lot of fun with it, and some creative ideas....

Just my 2cents

Reactions: PTCX and jlo
Why is this difficult exactly? Just asking. Fly if out a mile, land it, then takeoff and fly back? What's difficult about that?

Reactions: FL Kyle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20