Here we go again !!! - New firmware v1.6 for H3-2D IMU

Reaction score
Thanks! Just applied the update and the tilt response is..well...responsive. Movement is immediate and there's no deceleration so if you were relying on the smooth movement to get a clean shot, it will be harder to get.

Dave

Dont update to 1.6... There are issues with that firmware...

And for Zenmuse owners check your video out from GoPro, some users are experiencing lines in the transmission.

This new Zenmuse that is on the Phantom 2 bundle hás some issues...

GhostMaster said:
Dont update to 1.6... There are issues with that firmware...

And for Zenmuse owners check your video out from GoPro, some users are experiencing lines in the transmission.

This new Zenmuse that is on the Phantom 2 bundle hás some issues...

Zenmuse that comes with the Phantom 2 is the same as any other... just a different box with a label, different bracket and no seperate GCU.

1.6 does seem to be crap though.... jerky as hell when tilting and centres to 45 degree nose down! (that is my experiance so far).

My experience with 1.60 has been horrible as well. I use the VR knob on my Futaba T8J remote to tilt the camera. Before-centered knob=camera was level. I could tilt about 30 degree's nose up-which was great to protect the lens on landing.
Now, VR knob full left=camera level. No more nose tilt-up. The tilt starts and stops instantly-and not smoothly.

They did fix 1 problem I had; the Gimbal had a tendency to enter Hibernation mode, whenever it felt like it-which was usually while just hovering over a spot-filming. It would quickly recover-but the shot was ruined. It doesn't do that now.
BUT-I have calibrated my remote, and changed the manual adjustment of X1(VR knob), from 100 to 20, and it does nothing.

Hoping for a version 1.61 real soon-as this has totally ruined my Gimbal's tilt ability while filming.

vrso2 said:
hmm, it looks good to me... Yes there is little jerks, but idk...

ill wait for new fix ;)
I think the jerks are where the gimbal would enter hibernation before. they appear at random.....and are hard to predict. But, it's still better than having the camera hanging side-ways on the Phantom, when it decides it's "sleepy" time. But, I sure hope they get rid of the jerks....kinda spoils long shots.

Also-the MUST do something to smooth out the tilt!!!! It's way too jerky starting and stopping. I can't adjust it in the Naza-M....and I have the Futaba T8J-using the VR knob-so there is NO way to adjust the speed at which the gimal tilts, and start/stops.
I get that they wanted a more "real time" tilt....BUT, if you are "filming", they just made the tilt function during filming useless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20