Here is your part 107 training course

Has anyone gone through this yet? Would be nice to get some reviews, opinions, thoughts, etc, from people who completed this.

I went through it and didn't have any problems. I've been in aviation for 22 years so I'm used to training courses and such so maybe I kinda knew what to expect but really it's all information we should already know. My .02

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

FYI,

Just for fun, I went back and retook this test. This time, it took me to a COMPLETELY different test than the other day.

This test is logical and covers the materials in the module! It even lets you print out a certificate!!!

The test the other day must have been to a bad link!!

I was wondering why nemoishouse was saying it was no problem.... It had nothing to do with his 22 years of flight, it had more to do with when he clicked "take exam" it took him to the proper test...

WOW! I guess that is what I get for trying to get prepared early!!!!

Mark-The Suburban Hippie Photographer :)

Correct.

I have a sneaky hunch that many that are basing the test on the P61 requirements and general "drone relations" will have a follow up test date 14 days later.

Along with [another] $150.

What is the procedure for those just starting in the 'hobby' who have no formal training or pilot's licensees?

I have a sneaky hunch that many that are basing the test on the P61 requirements and general "drone relations" will have a follow up test date 14 days later.

I suspect the VERY same thing.... That is why I am working with a group of people, including a flight school to try and wade through and make a study guide. This is by talking to aircraft flight instructors and others...

I have also been told that the number of times you fail will be recorded on your record, and am thinking that it MAY be used to reflect what kind of of Remote Pilot in Command you are if some mishap should happen....

Everyone is rushing to take the test, and I was going to just take it to see what it was like, until I was told that a failure will be recorded...

Hence, the need to create a study guide. I think the module as it is, is a good way to start!

Mark :)

You guys hit it on the head. If any non-pilos thinks they can prepare for the Knowledge Test (the full one) by taking the FAA's online "course", they are going to be very sad individuals when they walk out of the test with a failure notice. I predict a very high failure rate on the test because so many people will take it without proper prep.

FYI,

Just for fun, I went back and retook this test. This time, it took me to a COMPLETELY different test than the other day.

This test is logical and covers the materials in the module! It even lets you print out a certificate!!!

The test the other day must have been to a bad link!!

I was wondering why nemoishouse was saying it was no problem.... It had nothing to do with his 22 years of flight, it had more to do with when he clicked "take exam" it took him to the proper test...

WOW! I guess that is what I get for trying to get prepared early!!!!

Mark-The Suburban Hippie Photographer :)

If you read what I wrote I stated 22 years in aviation not flight and we have training classes almost daily that are in the same format whereas they are accepted by the FAA. Meaning I know how the material they are training on and what to look for in questions they ask. I have taken it several times and yes they do change it up just as they do with training courses at my job when one employee wants another to help them pass and they notice it's different questions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I took that test just to get a feel for some of the questions. Since it is for those that already have a pilot's licence, there are surely going to be many more questions on the yet to be released test. The study guide and test was fun and informative. Spent some time relearning how to read aeronautical charts, etc. Hopefully when the FAA actually releases the test, there will be a related course of study. We will all get there, no worries.

Hopefully when the FAA actually releases the test, there will be a related course of study. We will all get there, no worries.

There are already related courses of study. One you should consider is www.UAVGroundSchool.com. (disclaimer: I am involved with the company) It is completely designed and delivered by Certificated Flight Instructors and Gold Seal has been doing test prep for pilot training tests for over ten years.

Reactions: Multicoptertec
There are already related courses of study. One you should consider is www.UAVGroundSchool.com. (disclaimer: I am involved with the company) It is completely designed and delivered by Certificated Flight Instructors and Gold Seal has been doing test prep for pilot training tests for over ten years.
Totally agree, but there are so many areas of study related to aviation. I have already done ground school, and used to fly years ago, but when I hit the books, I only want to study for what will be asked on the test(s). There are lots of things related to aviation, and flying actual planes to and from airports, that a drone pilot doesn't need to know.

Totally agree, but there are so many areas of study related to aviation. I only want to study for what will be asked on the test(s). There are lots of things related to aviation, and flying actual planes to and from airports, that a drone pilot doesn't need to know.

Well yes, of course. The Gold Seal UAV Ground School is >specifically< for UAS folks prepping for the Part 107 Knowledge Test. It doesn't each anything you don't need to know. It teaches you to pass the test.

Well yes, of course. The Gold Seal UAV Ground School is >specifically< for UAS folks prepping for the Part 107 Knowledge Test. It doesn't each anything you don't need to know. It teaches you to pass the test.
How does it do that, if no one but the FAA knows what's going to be on the test? Or do you have insider knowledge?

Reactions: nemoishouse

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20