Help

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help?
I have just ordered my first ever drone (Phantom 3 standard) and looking for a community/club places to fly/advise, I live in Daventry UK and do not have drone experience however I am a BMFA member and fly RC helicopters.

Thanks Alan

Hi Alan and welcome, have you had a look on facebook to see if there is anyone in your area, most place seem to have a fairly active group of like-minded souls.

Hi thank you for your reply, i must admit i have been looking on facebook but not managed to find much in my area as yet.
I have been looking and the posibilaty of a couple of leasons, mainly to learn about the sofware and a few do/dont's when flying but leasons seem to be about £100 for 1hr maybe im getting tight in my old age that seems crasy to me.

Alan

Welcome to the forum .
Read the manual watch some YT vids do some reading here you will be fine . If you fly helicopters the phantom is nothing . Don't over worry yourself take it slow and have fun .

Just read the manual and watch some youtube videos....and......practice practice practice. That his how I learned. Learn basic maneuvers first, then move on from there.

Thanks for your replys Guys, Is anyone heading to the Drone show at the NEC next weekend?
NEC is to far for me, I'm down on the South Coast, but good advice from the other guys, youtube has a wealth of information about calibrations, updating firmware and of course flying.

You say you fly helicopters, well the Phantom is a lot more stable than any Heli I have ever flown (take your fingers off the sticks and she'll just sit there) and of course you have "return to home" as long as you set it up correctly (trust me it's not hard) in the "Go App" you will be fine.

And don't read through the horror stories on the web about all sorts of nasty stuff that happens because most of it turns out to be pilot error and the rest is a very very small percentage of all of the Phantoms out there.

Do the IMU calibration and the compass calibrations and keep it in beginners mode and you will be good to go, no worries.

Thanks lightfoot must admit there are a lot of horror stories out there, i dont think i will have to much of an issue pushing the sticks in the right direction in general flight, but would like to no more about the software (DJI go) what it does and does'nt do.

Alan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj