Help!

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm headed in the right direction but lately when trying to fly in colder weather around the zero mark my GoPro will not turn on. I remove it from gimbal removed battery and reinsert , plug in the ribbon cable ( gently:-( ) and it turns on. But today I had the same issue with a different twist, as I was reinstalling the camera bracket I accidentally gently squeezed the ribbon cable and it turned the GoPro off. My question is this now happening because the ribbon cable is kaput ( busted, broken, etc.) ? And the original cause of cold weather it's not powering up?

Not sure if I'm headed in the right direction but lately when trying to fly in colder weather around the zero mark my GoPro will not turn on. I remove it from gimbal removed battery and reinsert , plug in the ribbon cable ( gently:-( ) and it turns on. But today I had the same issue with a different twist, as I was reinstalling the camera bracket I accidentally gently squeezed the ribbon cable and it turned the GoPro off. My question is this now happening because the ribbon cable is kaput ( busted, broken, etc.) ? And the original cause of cold weather it's not powering up?

The ribbon cable has nothing to do with the camera not turn on or off. That cables main purpose is to supply power to the camera and video to transmitter. The camera itself may have problem dealing with the extreme change in temperature.

Also since you haven't listed your location cold weather of zero could only 30 degrees or the difference between celsius and farrenheit

Last edited:
Sorry should have mentioned I'm from Canada

Since you know just where you live no one else does so why not take the time to add your location to your personal details info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20