Help!

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 vision plus and I've got around 25 to 30 flights on it. The quad is great and I love everything about it', but occasionally when I'm flying I will loose control. It's almost like my speed controllers aren't responding? The rotors are spinning enough to keep it from totally falling out of the sky But it will descend and bounce of the ground a little faster than you would normally land. Then I will regain control. I need to address this issue before I have a bad accident. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Mowerkelly said:
I have a phantom 2 vision plus and I've got around 25 to 30 flights on it. The quad is great and I love everything about it', but occasionally when I'm flying I will loose control. It's almost like my speed controllers aren't responding? The rotors are spinning enough to keep it from totally falling out of the sky But it will descend and bounce of the ground a little faster than you would normally land. Then I will regain control. I need to address this issue before I have a bad accident. Does anyone have any suggestion?
From what height?

Not enough details to narrow it down properly but the first thing I'd look into would be to connect it to the computer and do an advanced calibration.

Sorry, by not enough detail..... So this is my situation in detail. I will be flying anywhere from 100 feet in the air right down to 5 feet off the ground. Everything is checking out good Ill have good batteries at least 6 sat's hooked up and Ill say start to descend and I go to stop descending and it will keep going Ill throttle up and the motors don't do it. So it will descend until it bounces off the ground and then it will bounce and be fine and fly. Its done it 8 times to me. At first I was thinking I was getting into Propwash and that's what it was, making it do it. So I looked online on how to avoid getting into propwash and did everything and it has still done it.
So I hooked up the quad to my computer and checked all of my caliberations and everything checked out good. I was running on old software and I did an update to DJI's recommendation, thinking that had to be it. Last flight I had it out. It did it again. Its frustrating because I now don't trust it to stay in flight and can't do any of the filming that I intended to do by making the purchase.
I hope that's enough info........ I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out in this situation! :D :D :D

:D
Welcome to the forum.

Have you calibrated the transmitter sticks?

Also, what percent of battery life?

MHL

Did you do an advanced IMU calibration or a basic IMU calibration? Are you positive you are in GPS mode and not ATTI?

Fplvert said:
:D
Welcome to the forum.

Have you calibrated the transmitter sticks?

Also, what percent of battery life?

MHL

(I hope I'm doing this right?) Thanks for the "Welcome" I'm really not very good with these forums but I'll get the hang of it.
I have calibrated the sticks and everything looked good there. Battery life if I remember right was around 70%. Now that I'm thinking about it I had purchased another battery and the first time it did it was with that new batt. So I was thinking it was battery issues but since it has done it with both of my batteries that I fly with.

ccase39 said:
Did you do an advanced IMU calibration or a basic IMU calibration? Are you positive you are in GPS mode and not ATTI?

Apparently, I need to do some reading. I know I've done a basic IMU calibration. What would be the difference if it was in GPS mode or ATTI? The reason I ask is because when it does it like I was saying in a descent then when I go to stabilize the phantom it just keeps going and I'll throttle up and I can't hear any change in motor speeds..... I guess I could say its like a glitch with everything froze right where I left it. Then it bounces off the ground and I'll regain control? Could it be glitching????

There's definitely something wrong, either configuration or the altimeter unit.
When you take your hands off the controls the Phantom should just hang in the air like you hit the pause button.

If it's happening on descent only, It sounds like classic VRS (Vortex Ring State) to me.
Google it, it's also called "Settling With Power", and is well known to chopper pilots.

You did mention "prop wash". but they are different things.

Try to never descend straight down, always use somewhat of a glide slope to stay in undisturbed air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20