Help!

I did not see a CSC command to start motors. Left stick bottom right corner while at same time right stick bottom left corner.

Read the manual on line a couple times. Watch as many tutorial videos you can. Don't rush it or you'll end up with a wrecked Quad.

Gotta start it! The red/green led lights under the arms light up when motors are started. Like Damon says read the manual and watch all the vids you can.

FYI, left stick bottom right and right stick bottom left at the same time as that's how It should fire up.

Good luck!

You are trying to run before you can walk I reckon.

READ the manuals instead of haphazard guessing. This is a complex machine - on an equal to a womans mind sometimes. :lol:

Its like trying to learn to drive. You just cant get into a car for the first time and know how to do it.

If the motors still don't start after reading the instructions - do let us know.

Confirm you downloaded the Win Drivers, RC Assistant (for remote), and Phantom Assistant (for Quad).

You checked the Phantom Assistant and your remote was working on the calibration screen operating in full range?

If no movement is observed in the Phantom Assistant software when remote toggles are moved it may need to be "binded" to quad.

If movement is seen but not full range. Your remote will have to be calibrated by running RC Assistant plugged into remote(I think your model remote needs to be opened to access the USB port) once remote is calibrated. Leave remote on shut down RC assistant and plug in quad and run Phantom assistant. Calibrate quad to your Remotes full range of controls. You might as well run a full IMU calibration while your quad is hooked up.

Power off quad and remote. Go to open area and calibrate the compass before flight.

Based on the 2nd vid, it looks like the controller is bound to the Phantom (otherwise you wouldn't see green flashes), but your sticks need to be calibrated as Damon described above. The LED should flash double-green any time your throttle stick isn't centered, and it was only doing that some of the time but not all...and the failure to start via CSC command points to the same.

Wow, it sounds like complicated.... I tried to search for video but cannot find any to show how to calibrate the remote. I did to unscrew the remote to access the USB?

I opened the controller and don't see any USB port.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    574.2 KB · Views: 440
Isn't that a USB port stamped with 41 and 7 on it?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411336189951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411336189951.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 371
Well, I am sure the controller is connected but after calibration of the remote, still the same. maybe I should ask to see if I can exchange for another unit, this one is defective? So frustrated.

Once you calibrated remote...you left it on closing out rc software and calibrated the remote connected to phantom?

The phantom needs to know what the full throw of the remote is...

I am sure I did something wrong but I am very confused and tired of trying to make this work. I will try to calibrate again in the next few days.

Follow this in order. Obviously not exactly the same since your remote has internal USB port. But same concept.
How to Calibrate DJI Phantom 2 Remote Control and…: http://youtu.be/h2zNT6kHoEM

You may have figured it out now but looking at you video you were moving the controls the wrong way I believe. Mine starts with left control pulled down to 7 o'clock and right to 5 o'clock at the same time.

I don't see any reason to do a transmitter calibration. There should be no need to do ANY calibration on a new quad! And there is no need to automatically update the firmware. FWIW, mine came with the newest firmware and I bought it last spring.

Things that SHOULD be done to a new quad:

Change the limits to something reasonable. 2,000 yards is a ridiculous limit. Beginners should set these pretty low, so the quad doesn't get so far away they lose orientation.

Make sure the motor cutoff is set on intelligent and not immediate. The NAZA manual says he default is immediate.

Turn on IOC. Home Lock is a life saver when it gets far away and you don't know which way it is pointing.

Set the bottom position on S1 to Failsafe. It is set to ATTI, just like the center position, by default.

To start the motors, many combinations of the stick placements will work. Both in lower left, both in lower right, both in lower corners close to each other and both on opposite lower corners.

And doing any of these will also shut off the motors, even while in flight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20