Help with vibration.

Reaction score
I have 2 Phantom 2 non-vision, one is version 2. On the version 2 I added all the same components, iOSd, Xmitter, Flytrex etc as whats on my version 1. I was attempting to try the GP4, with battery removed on a HD3. When I installed and tested I noticed at hover the gimbal was vibrating. If I dampened it by putting my hand on the legs it would settle. I have tried 3 sets of ballanced props that work on my ver 1. I even put the ver 1 H3-3D with Gopro 3+BE and it still vibrates. The only moving component left is the motors. When Idling with or with out props I don't detect a vibration. Anyone have a bad motor cause this? For the record my ver 2 has the ESC without markings. Thanks.

I don't have an H3-3D so far, but have seen that kind of vibration on my gimbal,
from what you said I can speculate that your gimbal gets out of balance when battery is removed,
if this is the case, you could test adding earplugs to gimbal balls or try harder versions of gbs.

HTH

My guess is that it's not a vibration issue at all. When I added a polarizing filter to my GP4 it looked like the H3-3D gimbal was vibrating but it was the gimbal trying to deal with the out of balance situation. Adding a little counterweight to the left side (takes trial and error method) fixed my issue. Try sticking the battery back in and see if it stops. Also I use a GP4 Silver and had no balance issue with it. Some have had to use counterweights since the gimble was designed for the GP3 and the balance point on the 4 is a little different.

Your gain settings are too high. This causes the oscillations which results in jello. Use the phantom assist and look for the basic gain setting.
If you are using the dark grey dampeners, use the default gain settings.
If you are using white dampeners, change the first 2 gain settings to 90/90.

Thanks for the replies. I will take a look at the gains, haven't messed with them. I would think its not a balance issue as I have tried 2 gimbals. Both vibrate on on the V2 P2 and both work fine on the V1 P2. I bought a 3rd set of props to try and will try some of the other dampeners. I have always used the white with no problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic