Help With Setting-up Phantom 2.0 Vision

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a Phantom 2.0 Vision drone w/range extender :D . I am not experienced in this hobby at all but do have a basic knowledge of software & IT skills. The drone seems perfectly fine but does not put out a WiFi signal so that I can connect my phone to the camera. It did for about 1 minute then, it just stopped :cry: ? I didn't even have a chance to connect to it. I have tried everything I can think of and have contacted DJI support as well (waiting on reply). During my search for info I came across this site and thought it a good place to be, so registered. Anyway, if someone is interested in tutoring me or, can direct me to a local shop/person to get my drone up & running it will be much appreciated. Idk if contact info is allowed in posts and I don't want to get banned on my 1st one so I wont leave it :? . If anyone is able to help please let me know. I am in Hartford and am willing to compensate accordingly for anyones time & expertise. I haven't even flown the drone yet and am anxious to do so :mrgreen: !

Welcome to the forum !
sorry I do not know the vision
GL!

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've studied the manual and done everything exactly as outlined, no luck. Drone seems perfect in all other respects but the camera. Still, not going to fly till get it worked out. Camera is really the only reason I decided to get into the hobby. I'm hoping for a local expert or shop that I can bring the drone to. I've pretty much exhausted my capabilities.

Welcome to the forum. Turn on Tx then wifi, last phantom. Let phantom sit on ground & go through light sequences. Once finished with that, If using a phone or iPad mini try to turn off wifi on phone or iPad & turn it on. I sometimes have to do it that way to pick it up if I am connected to my home. I have the vision + but I think they might be similar in that aspect. Good luck.

I will give that a try, thank you. I've tried pretty much everything else, in the event do you know of a reputable local repair shop for these? I've contacted DJI but I'm thinking that if I have to go through them I'll end up having to send it back.

I just bought a used phantom 2 vision, had the same problem, finally hooked up to computer, run DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8, updated firmware, had to rebind the camera to the range extender, and it worked fine. You rebind the camera in the android vision app.

For wifi issues, run a wifi analyzer program and look for MAC addresses beginning with 60:60:1F. You should see two when the Phantom and range extender are both on.
The one without a name is the camera on the Phantom. The one with the name is the range extender. When running the app, after connecting to the range extender,
you'll have to bind to the MAC address of the camera. Note that it drops the connection after you bind, but brings it back up a minute later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31