P3 Firmware Help with P3 battery FW *downgrade* - not working so far

Reaction score
Hey all - I've been on 1.8.8 for a while but experienced errors, so I rolled my P3P back to 1.7.6 and my RC back to 1.5.8. In DJI GO, my AC firmware was showing 1.8.8+, which I believe I've read indicates a battery FW mismatch. A member here kindly provided me a file (PBatteryFW3.bin) which he used to update only the battery FW on his bird.

So I put just it on the SD and fired the bird up and got the red/green status LED and the "upgrading FW" beeps, but about a minute or two in, the beep becomes constant (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) and the status light shows red. The battery won't turn off, so I need to pull it from the AC. I've tried holding down the power button for a long time and/or putting it on the charger for a long time, but no difference; the middle two LEDs stay on along with the power button, and they blink every so often.

The file on the SD card's name changed to "PBatteryFw3_damaged.bin".

The only good news here is that I delete the card and put the original file back on, it does the same update process, where at least one of the middle battery LEDs flashes, and the status LED alternates red/green.

SO - I'm hoping there's hope! I wonder if the battery firmware was somehow even above 1.8 - maybe trying to get it to 1.7.6 was asking it to jump too far down?

Would somebody mind sharing another file for me to try?

Battery was almost brand new so I would love to get her back!!

Many thanks, all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers