Help with overheat/picture lag and photo/video download options.

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439144823.718279.jpg

Memphis Liberty Bowl Stadium.

First flight and all went well, kinda.

First real flight with the crashed P3P I received and rebuilt. I like this thing! Using a iPad mini 2 which got VERY hot 7-10 minutes in the air and the video started chunking out and lagging.

I did all my settings according to the other thread about iPad setting for best performance EXCEPT I left the Video Cache on so I could check out the Director Editor in the DJI app. It recorded the videos with the lags and breaks.

I did watch the same video directly from the phantom and it was perfect. It will not let me download the 4K videos to my iPad. The questions:

1. Will shutting off the Video Cache fix the video transmission problems while in flight?

2. Is there anyway to get the 4k videos in the Director app after flight, or on the iPad?

3. If no, what video editor is best/easiest to use? Am I stuck using a computer(vs iPad). Would like something simple with the ability to add music. Would love to be able to use my iPad. Was not liking the whole DJI commercial aspect that the Director app does.

This is my first go at using video or pictures.

Thanks in advance.

That's the link. I'm looking for a tablet replacement. My mini 2 retina came glitchy(rebuild off of eBay) and it did not do well at all the second go around.

Sorry to hear that. I have 2 minis retina, one I use for work and another just for the phantom (got it from work 1yr ago). The phantom one is a 16gb, wifi only and it is enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20