Help with MKII iosd Install on Phantom 2

Reaction score
Seems to be little information available on the best way to install the DJI iosd MK II on the Phantom 2. I am trying to determine the best way to tap the Phantom for "power." All the diagrams I see just show it routed to the battery but not "how" or "where" best to make the connection. Do I just cut into the battery cable between the battery plug and the main board? There is not much extra cable to work with. Should I be making some sort of Jumper or Pigtail to tap into the MK II's XT60 connectors?

A nice YouTube video would sure be a help. Plenty of "un boxing" video's. I think I have that part figured out :D

Can I ask why you've chosen the Mk2 rather than the very easy to install and much cheaper iOSD Mini?
I run a MK2 on my S800 EVO but I wouldn't put one on a Phantom due to high weight of the unit and need to cut in to power cables.

I have no advice for you on where to get power as I can't recall anyone installing a Mk2 on a P2 before.

Why did I opt to use the Mk II and not the mini? That is a great question and one I am now asking myself. Truth is I don't have a good answer other than I have always "over done" most projects. If a board needed 2 nails to hold it, I would use 10 and a little glue! Must be some type of "over compensation" complex. :roll:

Maybe I should think about getting a mini and just keep the MK II for a future project.

MacMan said:
Maybe I should think about getting a mini and just keep the MK II for a future project.

That's what I would suggest too, rilot is correct that the mkII really isn't practical for the Phantom. The iOSD mini will show the same telemetry on your display anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik