Help with Litchi Mission

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help determine why I keep getting mission failed when trying to fly this mission I created. Here is the link for the mission
Mission Hub - Litchi
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
TJ

I'm wondering if anyone can help determine why I keep getting mission failed when trying to fly this mission I created
Your link is not shared correctly. Adjust your share settings. Also, what portion failed? Did it fail to load? Did it abort the mission? Or what exactly do you mean?

Could not take off from waypoint 1
Where was your actual takeoff point? How far were you from Waypoint 1? You may have been too close, seeing that your set altitude is 400ft at Waypoint 1.

Does the drone take-off at all in that area? There's an Altitude Zone just north of that flight plan relating to Logan International.

I was pretty much right over WP1 when trying to start the mission. I've done this before, as I assume it will fly straight up to 400 ft then start on the rest of the WP's during the mission?

Does the drone take-off at all in that area? There's an Altitude Zone just north of that flight plan relating to Logan International.
I have flown this site manually before, but it's a very tight site and know Litchi will do a safer job at it if I can get it working.

I'm lost for suggestions (I use Litchi all the time and find it 100%) - the DJI Alt Zone appears to be 120M, your waypoints (including the 1st ) are slightly above this. I would try setting your Litchi WP heights to an amount comfortably under 120M and see if the mission proceeds.

You could make a small test mission using your existing WP #24, #25 and #26 to make it easy to test.

I was pretty much right over WP1 when trying to start the mission.
Looking at the Mission, you may want to increase the distance between Waypoint 1 and Waypoint 32. It is very close to being the minimal limits between waypoints. According to GE ( It is what it is) the distance is approximately 15 feet.

Distance.png

I'm lost for suggestions (I use Litchi all the time and find it 100%) - the DJI Alt Zone appears to be 120M, your waypoints (including the 1st ) are slightly above this. I would try setting your Litchi WP heights to an amount comfortably under 120M and see if the mission proceeds.

You could make a small test mission using your existing WP #24, #25 and #26 to make it easy to test.
That's not a bad idea to try. I will lower the Alt and save as 2nd mission. I hope that's it, as the drive to the site is not fun when having to go home with no pic's shot.
Any chance it could be that if the Alt in the controller is set to max Alt 395' that Litchi picks up on this and will fail if WP's are set higher?

Looking at the Mission, you may want to increase the distance between Waypoint 1 and Waypoint 32. It is very close to being the minimal limits between waypoints. According to GE ( It is what it is) the distance is approximately 15 feet.
I will make note of that and adjust accordingly, although, I have stacked 1st and last wp's before with no issues, but always a first time i'm guessing. Thanks for the reply.
View attachment 108112

I had this a good while back and I had a Waypoint set too close to the 400' (120M) level. I dropped it like 10' and it went off without a hitch.

Good to know! Thank you for the input, much appreciated...

You're very welcome and we hope this resolves your issue. Please report back and let us know either way.

Also you do know you can COPY a mission from one location to another and fly it there. We do this with complex flights often. Do the initial layout over the area you plan to fly and copy it to a wide open area and run the new mission. You could just copy the existing one to your local area and fly it to see if making those changes helps before driving to the job site.

You're very welcome and we hope this resolves your issue. Please report back and let us know either way.

Also you do know you can COPY a mission from one location to another and fly it there. We do this with complex flights often. Do the initial layout over the area you plan to fly and copy it to a wide open area and run the new mission. You could just copy the existing one to your local area and fly it to see if making those changes helps before driving to the job site.
Heh, that is not a bad idea! I did set up a test mission ( Note! not the same mission we are discussing) when I returned to the office today, which confirmed hardware is working ok. I'll try the copy and see if it works for my open area if possible tomorrow.

Reactions: BigAl07
That's not a bad idea to try. I will lower the Alt and save as 2nd mission. I hope that's it, as the drive to the site is not fun when having to go home with no pic's shot.
Any chance it could be that if the Alt in the controller is set to max Alt 395' that Litchi picks up on this and will fail if WP's are set higher?

That's exactly what is wrong. Litchi won't fly above the max limit you have preset. A mission altitude won't override that setting

That's exactly what is wrong. Litchi won't fly above the max limit you have preset. A mission altitude won't override that setting
If your right, I kinda figured that was the issue after returning from the site.

I must lament however, Litchi is very vague with these details for the provided documentation they provide. I’ll post results of this once I can confirm a mission success which will be attempted again later in the next few weeks.

Really appreciate everyone’s comments and suggestions, who has suggested various “fixes” for this failed/grounded mission.

I must lament however, Litchi is very vague with these details for the provided documentation they provide.
You are correct. Documentation is very limited. When you have oddities, its each to their own to determine the fault. Many here have seen certain issues and have at least a possible solution, if not THE solution.

Reactions: BigAl07
I found out the hard way. Trying to fly a mission last summer. Mission would load then say mission failed. Wracked my brain when I got back to where I could actually check mission AND drone settings. It was an aha moment.

You are correct. Documentation is very limited. When you have oddities, its each to their own to determine the fault. Many here have seen certain issues and have at least a possible solution, if not THE solution.
@Flydawg
Totally agree with your comments. Would be great to see Litchi update the FAQ's based on posts like this. I hope "some" of the powers to be are listening. WE did pay for this app and seems reasonable to expect continued improvements to the platform, not only on the software develpment, but continued updates to the documentation as well>

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj