Help with iosd mini install

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm a all new Phantom 2 pilot :D

I have now bought some FPV parts :)
But I'm not sure how this should be connected.
I have a GoPro Hero 3 + Black

This is what I bought:
- DJI ZenMuse Gimbal H3-3D for Phantom 2
- 3S 1300mAh - 30C - Haiyin Deans / T-Plug
- Bronto Ground Station FPV Monitor 7 inch LCD
- DJI iOSD Mini
- DJI Video Link 5.8GHz
- FPV Cable - DJI Phantom 2/Mini iOSD / DJI Video Link

Thank you to all who take the time to answer me :D

hi Kevin. Here are a few points for you...

At the beginning of this video there is a demonstration how to move the CAN-BUS connector from the leg up into the body of the Phantom and the plug the iOSD into there. The video then continues to show how to solder the connectors for the video signal, but it sounds like you already have some cables that may make your system plug and play with no soldering needed.
still, mounting the iOSD in the way the video shows is cool, and the video will also show you how to open the Phantom and such if you've never seen it. I'd watch the whole video and then think about how to adapt it to your exact needs.
I've previously posted a wiring diagram in a thread that might help you here

don't forget to update the iOSD mini bios using the iOSD assistant software from DJI before you close the Phantom back up.

don't forget you should NEVER power up your video transmitter without an antenna attached, that will instantly destroy the transmitter.

Awesome set up! I don't know what i can add that QYV has not said, except for the fact that if possible try to use a different camera that your GPH3+. i say this because what GP changed with the plus model is the focusing. Instead of using unlimited focus they changed it to cap at about 4-5 ft. So all of our images look blurry and un-defined. That being said it is almost impossible to get HD back to your set up. Good Luck flying!
Clear skys!
Duffy

DUFFY said:
if possible try to use a different camera that your GPH3+. i say this because what GP changed with the plus model is the focusing. Instead of using unlimited focus they changed it to cap at about 4-5 ft. Duffy

say what now? I can assure you a GoPro Hero 3+ black focuses at much greater distances than 4-5 feet... I mean, just look at the multitude of videos on Vimeo and Youtube that were captured with gopro... focus is great well off into the distance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.