Help with FPV setup for FC40

Reaction score
I wasnt getting any luck in the FPV forums, so I came here :)

I know my FC40 runs on 5.8ghz, so I would need a 1.3 or 2.4 setup in order to get FPV.
I would like to use my GoPro as my camera. So I asked at readymaderc and they got back to me with this list... which seems overly complicated.

I just got this email back from the guys at readymaderc.

I know nothing about this, but this seems overly complicated for what I want

Can someone help me with a proper setup?
Cheap goggles (dont care if boscam or fatshark), video transmitter, batteries, cables, etc etc

Reactions: korkster
dragonash said:
I wasnt getting any luck in the FPV forums, so I came here :)

I know my FC40 runs on 5.8ghz, so I would need a 1.3 or 2.4 setup in order to get FPV.
I would like to use my GoPro as my camera. So I asked at readymaderc and they got back to me with this list... which seems overly complicated.

I just got this email back from the guys at readymaderc.

I know nothing about this, but this seems overly complicated for what I want

Can someone help me with a proper setup?
Cheap goggles (dont care if boscam or fatshark), video transmitter, batteries, cables, etc etc

Probably not going to happen with an FC-40. Sorry, brotha. Time to upgrade.

nintendrone64 said:

care to back that up with ...i dont know...logical reasoning?

That is, if you know why it probably wont happen.

Btw, fixed the links

dragonash said:
nintendrone64 said:

Btw, fixed the links

Your 5.8 Ghz is limited to LOS range, for a start ;)

discv said:
dragonash said:
nintendrone64 said:

Btw, fixed the links

Your 5.8 Ghz is limited to LOS range, for a start ;)

But that doesn't mean I cant have FPV. Especially with 1.3 and 2.4 frequencies available :)
Also, I'm not looking to do long range flying. The reason to have my gopro be my main cam is to line up shots. And the gopro wifi sucks so bad with distance and lag - not to mention battery drain

Hey dragonash,

Did this issue ever get resolved?

FPV on a FC40 is possible.

I was also looking to get some sort of system going that would allow me to use my Gopro video feed and insert telemetry information from the iosd (or any telemetry system in conjuction with the NAZA). I have a wifi repeater that lets me get the wifi feed from a good distance, so keeping a wifi video transmission would be ideal, but I haven't been able to find any solution to allow this. Any advice on this, or transmitting the Gopro feed via a 2.4g signal would be great!

Most fpv stuff is going to be in 5.8ghz so you would more then likely have to swap your remote and the phantoms receiver to be a 2.5ghz flight control and then use 5.8ghz FPV equipment.

Tho IM not so sure about why any one would say that you can only get line of site from 5.6ghz being a limiting factor of any thing being the 5.8ghz control range of over 800 meters and some peoples stock range is even farther then that and thats way past line of site. and if you swapped the controls to 2.4ghz to be able to use standard 5.8g fpv equipment theres lots of fpv transmitters that will get some one way past line of site range. Unless they mean los as in there cant be any thing in between you and the phantom that will block the signal. instead of just meaning just as far as you can see the phantom witch is only about 300 yards give or take some depending on how good someones eyes are.

Did you ever manage to do it ?

I'm doing it right now with a BOSCAM 2.4 ghz telemetry, OSD, and SJCAM. YOU need the cable, but I would recommend running a separate camera for FPV and using the gopro/SJCAM for recording video.

How to setup your first FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1