Help with 107.41 Waiver Request

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if it's possible but I am trying to submit a waiver for the airspace around DC, which for me is a class B airspace. I am about 9 miles from Ronald Reagan airport. My home address also falls within 5 miles of an military base and class D airspace, however it is not within a restricted/authorization zone according to DJI's geosystem map. I've attached the screenshot of the map's warnings based on my address. Do I need to submit two waivers, one for each airspace? Thanks.

Attachments

• DJI_zone.png
    DJI_zone.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 305
That's a Temporary Flight Restriction, not an airspace class restriction. Check the FAA TFR site, but there's probably no way around that one, sorry.

Reactions: Stripeb49
You'll want to submit an Airspace Authorization, not a Waiver.

Reactions: Stripeb49
You'll want to submit an Airspace Authorization, not a Waiver.
Maybe not. Authorizations are more 'onetime' or short term events. For longer, repeated operations, you need a waiver.

Maybe not. Authorizations are more 'onetime' or short term events. For longer, repeated operations, you need a waiver.
That's probably not the best distinction between the two, but regardless, the OP wants to operate in Class B. The conventional way is to request an Authorization. Since both waivers and airspace authorization requests originate from the same place, I hoped to help him make the proper choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik