HELP! What happened in 0:22-0:24

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/4H6n4zkSKfc

My P2V was flying very stably and hovering at about 22m above. After about 15 sec, it … I don't know how to describe. No crash before, firmware most updated, Phantom 2 mode, compass calibrated before at another location not far away.

This is a cut for my friends not able to join that day and I don't mean to show off anything. Just being lazy not to upload another cut for that 0:22-0:24 footage. Hope u don't mind.

Just want to see how u experienced guys see this phenomenon. It's like the aileron moving left and right quickly and automatically, while actually I'm doing nothing. Though I put this part in the Action session in the cut, it's not really a planned action.

I've not seen it yet, and it would help if you show what happens before-after the <2 brief seconds in that clip. (Looked intentional if one just watches the clip)

Btw, are you in HK?
Were you on a roof of a building on a hill? Looks pretty cool :)

LeoS said:
I've not seen it yet, and it would help if you show what happens before-after the <2 brief seconds in that clip. (Looked intentional if one just watches the clip)

Btw, are you in HK?

http://youtu.be/Q6tY4TRVcss

Thanks LeoS,

Here is the clip including the before-after. It really 'looks' like intentional, but I swear I was scared to death at that moment. Luckily it holds back itself and I can land safely after that.

Yes I'm in HK. You too? Really hard to find some good place to fly.

Bresson said:
LeoS said:

Btw, are you in HK?

Thanks LeoS,

Here is the clip including the before-after. It really 'looks' like intentional, but I swear I was scared to death at that moment. Luckily it holds back itself and I can land safely after that.

I'm not in HK, though I sometime fly there :)

I don't know enough about the Phantom to make a good guess of what had happened... it seemed that it was a clear and still day (no winds?) and your movement was gentle enough just before the shake.

For some reason NAZA wanted to correct the tilt, then realised it over-corrected, then started to wobble back into level... I think the problem was in the initial quick tilt; what followed after was just the correction by the flight controller.

If you were doing holding the stick for a long time, there's a 'feature' of NAZA to try interrupt the movement to see whether it's responding to a radio interference or not. But that usually happens when you're flying straight and pushing the throttle forward for 10seconds+.

LeoS said:
Bresson said:
LeoS said:

Btw, are you in HK?

Thanks LeoS,

I'm not in HK, though I sometime fly there :)

I don't know enough about the Phantom to make a good guess of what had happened... it seemed that it was a clear and still day (no winds?) and your movement was gentle enough just before the shake.

For some reason NAZA wanted to correct the tilt, then realised it over-corrected, then started to wobble back into level... I think the problem was in the initial quick tilt; what followed after was just the correction by the flight controller.

If you were doing holding the stick for a long time, there's a 'feature' of NAZA to try interrupt the movement to see whether it's responding to a radio interference or not. But that usually happens when you're flying straight and pushing the throttle forward for 10seconds+.

Yes it was a clear and still day, but I'm not sure if there was a sudden blow high up there…

Thanks for you kind reply, and yes I've heard of the 10-sec response in case of radio interference. Not quite remember how it works but it shouldn't shake like that…

Just curious to know if that sudden shake is due to the IMU levelling, GPS error or what… Back to home and check all these are normal. So…seems can't do much.

Something strange found. I was preparing for a flight yesterday, after that scary shake last week. I did a check in the Phantom Assistant software (my routine check before a fly day). I noticed that the mid point of aileron was not shown centred when the stick was at middle position. After calibration, it backed to normal. Not any problem found in yesterday flight then.

Last week when the shake happened, I had done the same check before going out and everything's was ok. I had a carrying case similar to those by Go Professional with pad inside to carry all my equipment.

What could really happen? Is the remote controller that bad?

The 10-sec continuous stick test just breaks off throttle for a moment, causing the nose to relax towards level for a sec, then resumes nose down and continues same direction. It looks like a blip or dip when filming.

If this happened to me, I would check the solder connections between each ESC and the Central board. If none of those leads were loose I'd remove each motor and check to make sure it's C-clip was securely in place.

Something caused it to dip, and the IMU tried to compensate causing it to oscillate a little. Do the motors sound ok? Do they spin by hand freely? Try running them on a table with props removed, do you hear anything unusual as you adjust the throttle?

PS - If your stick wasn't electrically centered, I could see this happening as you let go of it after a maneuver.

iDrone

Thx. And yes I checked everything upside down: the ESC connection, motor connection, GPS and compass connection, motor e-clip, ec. I actually did an advance IMU calibration before. Maybe I need to do it again. Thanks for reminding on the motor sound check. Will do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20