Help! Weak transmission signal after only 200m

Reaction score
Hey guys I have recently purchased the phantom 4 and I love it just 1 problem I can't seem to fly it past 200m it's says weak transmission signal why? Would buying a parabolic reflector help or a bigger aerial? Any advice would be great.
Cheers.

No, parabolic reflector will not improve from 200m to few kms, there is some other reason why you are getting limited range.

There is something wrong if you're losing signal at 200 meters. I have no problems at all going over 1000 meters.

There could be local interference, or your antennas aren't aimed correctly. See the Youtube video below. Or, as ukracer points out.. There could be a fault with the equipment.

Try the antenna thing in this Youtube video first.

Hey guys I have watched the YouTube video on how the antenna should be aimed that did help I managed to get 320 meters yay! But it did drop out straight after that, then aircraft got disconnected and it returned to home thank god. I did re link the craft but as I was saying only 320 :/ maybe it might need a software update? Please help

Best advise is have the equipment serviced, this performance is not spec.; unless you have really bad EM interference, you should get at least double this range without issue. I had a fellow pilot who had an out of the box controller with a bum antenna and had it replaced.

Last edited:
Hey guys [emoji2] quick update I took my drone out today to the beach and got over 700 meters [emoji2] then turned back because I got worried haha so i am guessing I have really bad interference where I live thanks to everyone's advice I'm really glad I don't have to take it back!

Reactions: Mike2A
Hey guys [emoji2] quick update I took my drone out today to the beach and got over 700 meters [emoji2] then turned back because I got worried haha so i am guessing I have really bad interference where I live thanks to everyone's advice I'm really glad I don't have to take it back!
Excellent news and nice to see an update. Happy flying dude!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr