HELP!: URGENT left Antenna off Transmitter have I broke it?

Reaction score
Hi All.

Help! I just was flying my DJI Phantom 2 with the new 3D Gimbal, fly great and just got home and turned it back on but forgot I disconnected the Antenna on the transmitter (so would fit in my bag) now the fan does not spin nor do I get a signal from it.

it was only off for a few seconds.. is it broke?

it was this model - Boscam 5.8Ghz FPV System TS352 TX

have I broke it? any if I have, anywhere in the UK I could get this sent to me asap...

thanks in advance.

Re: HELP!: - URGENT left Aerial off Transmitter have I broke

If I read interpreted you correctly, you left off the antennae for your video transmitter while it was still powered? And now the fan will turn on and you are not getting a signal? Then yes, I think you are exhibiting symptoms of a broken transmitter. To my knowledge, your only recourse is to purchase a new one.

Yes.

I powered it on without the Antenna attached to the Boscam TS352 :(
I can't believe it, such a silly mistake and it was only seconds.

I just ordered another two and hope it arrives before Tuesday as I fly out wednesday.

there is no way to fix this now? just a throw away job?

cezarewhite said:

I think it's done, but I'll let an expert chime in on this. It sucks, I know. A few second mistake and toast.

Diesel31 said:
cezarewhite said:

I think it's done, but I'll let an expert chime in on this. It sucks, I know. A few second mistake and toast.

totally gutted :(

I've had to order another two Boscam TS352's that are in the UK (more costly than anywhere else) but hopefully they arrive by Tuesday. I got some 5.8G Antenna (GX-A58-001) cloverleaf antenna's, I think they will be fine with it, but the monitor actually has female connectors, anyone know where can get just some male to male adaptors for the antenna's?

also... what best cloverleaf antenna's to get with the Boscam TS352?

thanks again for your help.

Re: HELP!: URGENT left Antenna off Transmitter have I broke

The antenna on the transmitter must be connected whenever it is powered. Otherwise the amplified signal and heat have nowhere to go and the transmitter will overheat and cook itself.

After only a few seconds it shouldn't die. I've done it to my immersion on a few occasions... it's still kicking.

However, I have a friend's who's boscam just went out for no apparent reason. Also, the fact that the fan stopped spinning makes me suspect to something else. It would be strange they would run the fan off the same power as the radio. But I suppose stranger things have happened. But if it were me I'd send it back. :/

Simple test..... Install antenna, power up.... see if you get a signal.....
Its either gonna work or its not.....

gecarey said:
Simple test..... Install antenna, power up.... see if you get a signal.....
Its either gonna work or its not.....

Yea I did try straight away after... installed antenna again but fan didnt spin on transmitter, turned on my monitor but I get nothing, I've ordered another two Boscam TS352's and one Immersion TX600 will use one on my 2nd phantom but have to make sure one is delivered tomorrow as fly out early wednesday!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20