HELP!!! Upgraded FAILURE from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0 on Phantom 3 Professional

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a brand new member. I updated the firmware from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0 on my phantom 3 professional and have nothing but grief. It worked fine with 1.3.2, no issues. I may have updated successfully the first attempt, the text file read success. However, I had issues with the video feed, video was distorted, so I downgraded firmware to 1.3.2. Immediately I got a very loud siren like sound from unit for about 30 minuites. Since that time I have had no success after doing numerous down grades and upgrades. I have turned RC off each time, downloaded new bin file each attempt, tried numerous SD cards, formatted each attempt, left in unit for over an hour each time. Here's what happens: 1. unit give 3-6 beeps for a few seconds, Camera Status Light flashes Green. 2. Within 10 seconds Camera droops. 3. I have left SD card with v1.4.0 for up to 6 hours and NO Green solid Camera Status light. 4.I put SD card back in computer and NO TEXT FILE shows at all. 5. I have attempted this at least 6 times with upgrades and downgrades and the results are always the same, NO SUCCESS!!! Please if there is anyone out there with suggestions.

Absolutely the same deal here. I have found no solution and dji haven't responded.
Get on chat with them and see if you can get some further instructions. There have been the same complaints from a few others -
I had no issues going to 1.3.2 and then to 1.4.1. I have a May release P3P -- there could be an issue with some of the latest releases-- .

I finally bought a new phantom 3 professional after having the issues discussed earlier with my previous phantom 3 professional. The new phantom 3 professional has 1.9.0 firmware. Here is my question. How do I upgrade without going to the latest 1.4.0 firmware? I'd like to stop at 1.3.2 firmware. Do I install the 1.2.6 firmware and then the 1.3.2 firmware? Is there any special procedure if I upgrade from 1.9.0 to 1.2.6 to 1.3.2? Any suggestions Greatly appreciated.

I finally bought a new phantom 3 professional after having the issues discussed earlier with my previous phantom 3 professional. The new phantom 3 professional has 1.9.0 firmware. Here is my question. How do I upgrade without going to the latest 1.4.0 firmware? I'd like to stop at 1.3.2 firmware. Do I install the 1.2.6 firmware and then the 1.3.2 firmware? Is there any special procedure if I upgrade from 1.9.0 to 1.2.6 to 1.3.2? Any suggestions Greatly appreciated.
You can go direct from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2. There is no reason not to go all the way to 1.4.0 on the Phantom. You should be 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.4.0 on the Phantom. It is working well for most.

Thanks, I think I'll stay with v1.9.0 and not upgrade for a while. Are there any known issues with 1.9.0? Maybe someone who has not upgraded beyond 1.9.0 could tell me if there are any issues and how that firmware performs. Thanks

Thanks, I think I'll stay with v1.9.0 and not upgrade for a while. Are there any known issues with 1.9.0? Maybe someone who has not upgraded beyond 1.9.0 could tell me if there are any issues and how that firmware performs. Thanks
You will not be able to use the GO App's Intelligent Flight Modes unless you upgrade. You stay on 1.1.9 (not 1.9.0) you may put yourself in a trap in the future and not be able to upgrade unless you go thru the other upgrades first.

Can I jump in here and ask about the controller firmware? I've updated both phantom and controller and they both say success to the new firmware but my controller still reads that it needs to be updated everytime I fly.

Can I jump in here and ask about the controller firmware? I've updated both phantom and controller and they both say success to the new firmware but my controller still reads that it needs to be updated everytime I fly.
If the controller is on 1.3.2 it is good-- you can tell what FW is installed by Selecting About in the Go App

Ok so it's good even though it says it's not? I thought I read some things on here of people staying this but wanted to make sure.

Thanks, Sorry for my error, it is 1.1.9 not 1.9.0. Thanks for your advice. Can you guide me from upgrading from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0 step by step? Do I use the upgrade directly from the DJI Go app on the RC or do I upgrade in sequence using the downloaded from the Zip file from the DJI download site( insert SD Card in Computer, download each upgrade on SD card and install sequentially, 1.1.9 to 1.2.6 to 1.3.2 to 1.4.0)? Also, how do I upgrade the RC for each of these firmware upgrades. As you can tell I'm very nervous about firmware upgrades since my disaster with my bricked previous Phantom 3 professional. Just to recap, on my previous Phantom 3 pro I had great success with 1.3.2 but when I upgraded to 1.4.0,the unit had Video distortion and when I downgraded to 1.3.2 the unit emitted loud siren like sounds and would not either upgrade or downgrade even after getting new SD cards, reformatting and making about a dozen attempts before giving up and buying a new Phantom 3 Pro. Thanks in advance for suggestions

Hi, just upgraded from 1.1.9. to 1.3.2 on phantom 3 pro. Upgraded ok but could not upgrade RC. Put bin file on card reader, turned off p3p. Turned on RC, no blue light just steady red light after about 5 minutes, then RC started beeping and shut off by itself

As far as the upgrade I always upgrade to 1.3.2 first and after that to 1.4.0 .. if straight to 1.4.0 I found that you can get many RC issues like no video feed.The 1.4.0 BIN file is smaller than the 1.3.2 thats because the RC upgrade is not complete in the BIN file.
As far as the loud siren this is an indicator that the upgrade process was interupted therefore the actual firmware used by the phantom is corrupted. The usual solution is try to ignore the loud sound and make a normal upgrade, you should see the led indicator from the camera alternating green with red, that tells you that in spite of the siren its updating, in 30 minutes the sound should stop. It worked for me.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a brand new member. I updated the firmware from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0 on my phantom 3 professional and have nothing but grief. It worked fine with 1.3.2, no issues. I may have updated successfully the first attempt, the text file read success. However, I had issues with the video feed, video was distorted, so I downgraded firmware to 1.3.2. Immediately I got a very loud siren like sound from unit for about 30 minuites. Since that time I have had no success after doing numerous down grades and upgrades. I have turned RC off each time, downloaded new bin file each attempt, tried numerous SD cards, formatted each attempt, left in unit for over an hour each time. Here's what happens: 1. unit give 3-6 beeps for a few seconds, Camera Status Light flashes Green. 2. Within 10 seconds Camera droops. 3. I have left SD card with v1.4.0 for up to 6 hours and NO Green solid Camera Status light. 4.I put SD card back in computer and NO TEXT FILE shows at all. 5. I have attempted this at least 6 times with upgrades and downgrades and the results are always the same, NO SUCCESS!!! Please if there is anyone out there with suggestions.
Did you find a fix for your problem yet I have the same problem except I do get a text file in the hidden folder it say successful but it still wants to update I let it go for 3 or more hours before I put a fan on it to cool it down and still no go the only thing that I haven't tried yet is to downgrade the firmware also in the app I see there is no connection I have tried to rebind with no luck as well let me know if you found a fix the only thing I think I might have done wrong was skipping a firmware update I was at work and when I came back there were two more so I phoned dji when you still could ;-) and confirmed that you didn't need to download the older files as it was an all in one package please if this is wrong let me know. I would really like to start from the beginning for firmware updates and go one by one to the best and most stable build the only reason I updated was it wouldn't let me fly without it not a fan of firmware :p

Can these people who have gone to 1.3.20 tell me please if this should update the controller also? Got a success message from the aircraft but no beeping starts from the controller attempt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my p3p yesterday and the dji site has an almost unreadable caution message - here it is-
"The all in one firmware the 1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the Bestic user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than the one.3.22 update the firmware to V1.3.20 before updating the aircraft.
Is that saying to do the controller first? Aaaaahhh!!! I just wanna fly

Got my p3p yesterday and the dji site has an almost unreadable caution message - here it is-
"The all in one firmware the 1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the Bestic user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than the one.3.22 update the firmware to V1.3.20 before updating the aircraft.
Is that saying to do the controller first? Aaaaahhh!!! I just wanna fly

That is what it is saying. Download the latest version GO APP and it will update your controller for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie