Help understanding the diff between RP-SMA & SMA

Reaction score
So im looking at ordering a black pearl from this company http://www.rangevideo.com/en/58-ghz/55- ... esign.html and it has an option for antenna type. Being pretty new still to this and having my phantom 2 for a while I'm not sure what one to use and if I select one type does the tx need the same type. Can anyone help me understand the diff and what the proper set up for tx and rx should be? I'm in the US if that even matters.

If you look in the centre of the plugs you will see what type of connector you have, one has a pin and one has a hole, so you have to match them up with an adapter from Ebay, it will say what one you will need, I know one is called RMA but forgot what the name is of the other with out going on the site myself.

It is purely a physical difference in the connectors. At the receiver end, RP-SMA will have a pin in the middle and SMA will not. On the antennas, SPA has a pin in the middle, RP-SMA does not.
There are no performance differences or anything like that. You just need to match your antennas so they have the right connection. This isn't usually a problem as most stuff you can get in either type, and you can buy an adaptor for a few cents.

I have RP-SMA on my Black Pearl so I use an adaptor on one of the connectors so I can use an Immersion RC Spironet patch antenna.

Thanks everyone!

Whoops - duplicate post :?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik