Help! Swapped H3-2D to H3-3D Now No Video!

Reaction score
Hi folks, hope someone can help me out here. I've been flying my P2 for around 7 months now with GoPro Hero 3+ and H3-2D Gimbal. No issues at all! Finally upgraded to the H3-3D yesterday. I did the Mod where you remove the GoPro camera connector from the removed 2D and swap it out with the crappy ribbon connector on the 3D. All went will however now I have no camera video. The miniOSD overlay is coming through to my FPV screen but no video from the camera. Also, the little red charging light on the GoPro is not coming on either. The Gimbal itself works great! I checked and re-checked every wire and can find nothing wrong. Could I have received a bad H3-3D? I bought it from B&H. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think you'll need to take the H3-2D port back off and reconnect the H3-3D's stock ribbon cable to the USB port, to determine if the problem is the gimbal or some issue with the mod.

OI Photography said:
I think you'll need to take the H3-2D port back off and reconnect the H3-3D's stock ribbon cable to the USB port, to determine if the problem is the gimbal or some issue with the mod.

Sounds like a plan. I will do that tonight. Thanks!

OI Photography said:

That did it! Now it works! Now... I just need to find a used H3-2D so I can rob the GoPro plug off it! I'm not a fan of the 3D ribbon cable!

I just purchased a new Phantom 2 w/ Zenmuse H3-3D/ Fat Shark Predator /RC 600mW transmitter and no video from go pro gimbal. Plug cheap camera that came with transmitter works fine. Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues