HELP- software load for grid flying Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0

Reaction score
useless apps on controller. What software is loadable to program grid flying? trying to determine if we can use this for stockpile calcuations and 'accurate' DEMs
thanks

useless apps on controller. What software is loadable to program grid flying? trying to determine if we can use this for stockpile calcuations and 'accurate' DEMs
thanks
If you've got the + version, that's a closed ecosystem and running 3rd party apps won't be possible.
The drone is great for photogrammetry missions, but the controller isn't.
To run something like DroneDeploy, you would need to acquire a regular P4 pro V2 controller and use that with a suitable phone or tablet.

You can actually install LItchi on the + model controller with the built-in/hard wired screen, though in a bit of a roundabout way, I have used a 3rd party software ($99) called DJIFLightPlanner which does allow you to plan grid missions, then export them as a .csv which Litchi can then run as a waypoint mission--but you're limited to 99 waypoints, so have to be flying a pretty small area. For a better DEM, you'd probably want to plan two grid missions of the same area, perpendicular to each other (and with the outer passes outside your study area)....(Note: the above is also why I bought an additional controller on which I could use a tablet and run Drone Deploy, Pix4D Capture, and MapPilot instead......)

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
This is Ph3 section.

Anyway, the controller is just an Android device. It's really like an Android phone with strange shape.
And like such phone, you can root it and have complete control of the device, allowing you to install any app you want.

Just give it to someone who rooted a few phones, he'll find instructions on the Internet and root it for you. When rooted, you can install an app store on it, or directly install the application you want.

For the grid mission / terrain mapping apps - try checking if Dji Pilot PE would work. It works with a few drones which are not included in the official support list, ie with Mavic 2 Zoom (I tried that first hand).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub