HELP! Public Opinion Needed!

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined this forum, in search of a opinion on something that happened to my Phantom 3 standard. I'm new to the drone world and recently purchased a phantom 3 standard refurbished from Newegg.com, and I thought my self how to fly it really well the first few days of having it, but my 10th flight, I had a crash, the drone was lifted about 10 feet into the air and it started flying higher and flying right away from me, the drone wouldn't listen to none of my commands, and at one point I remembered that by letting go off the controller [not literally dropping it] the drone would stop and stay in place, but I did that and it kept flying away, ended up hitting a tree and falling, nothing physically broke on the drone except for the top plate that holds the gimbal and ripped the grey 8point wire connection, I've sent in my drone to repair under manufacturer error, but really would love to know your guys opinion on this, if needed I can upload fly records which shows what happened, thanks!

We are sorry to learn about your loss but you should post the flight records for analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Procedure as listed on healthy drones.com:

The flight files look like this: DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-01_[11-15-07].txt

Android users plug your tablet via USB cable to your PC and access it like a USB drive.
The files are in the folder "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord".

iOS users Here is a helpful video explaining how to get these.
As explained in the video - you need the "FlightRecords" folder and not the "Logs" folder.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I remembered that by letting go off (sic) the controller [not literally dropping it] the drone would stop and stay in place, but I did that and it kept flying away, ended up hitting a tree and falling
Without looking at the flight records, it sounds like your controller was in ATTI mode. I always fly in GPS mode. GPS mode would make the drone behave in such a way that you describe in the bold quote above.

Phantom-en-6.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj