Help please

Reaction score
Hi folks, I need some help please.

I recently updated my my controller to take a UAV Maxx antenna but I have not flown the bird for about two months.

I have just switched on my bird and controller and Go App. App is asking me to connect my device but the bird is showing flashing green at the back and solid Red at the front.

The manual shows this as a critical error. I have done no work on the bird so I don't understand the cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The front lights are always red. The LED blink patterns in the manual are only referring to the rear lights.

After you modified the controller with the antenna, were you able to connect and fly the craft?. Or did this start right after the antenna upgrade?

Started right after the upgrade.
Just wondering if it's worth deleting and reinstalling the Go App.

It was done very carefully, following Jake's video on the install.
I am getting a green connected light on the bird for the controller!

Have you opened up the controller to inspect all of the cable connections? Sounds like a disconnected internal cable, or possibly a bad external cable.

Slow Blinking green rear leds means ready to fly. Have you tried to power on the motors (without props) as a test? If the motors power on and off, only your video feed is disconnected, which could be a bad external cable. In that case, swap the two external cables and see if the video connects.

Last edited:
The other test is to screw on after market antennas onto the sma connections and try it out. If that works then you know it's either the external cable or the maxx antenna is bad. Buy some good set of 7" folding antennas, you may want a set of those to use omni directional sometimes.

Last edited:
This means either the internal cable to the right antenna sma connector is faulty, or the max antenna is faulty. Call Jake and discuss it, he'll help you eliminate things to pinpoint the problem. Alternatively, screw on aftermarket antennas to the sma connectors and try it.

I'm betting its the internal cable, either came unseated, or the cable is flawed.

Do not turn on the controller if the antenna wires are disconnected. That might blow the rf section of the rc from no attenuation present.

Last edited:
Thanks John, I will open it up on Monday when I get home and check the cables before I contact Jake.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20