help please

Reaction score
I've bought a Phantom 2. can it be upgraded to a vision or vision plus? if so what do i need

The P2V+ puts the GPS location in the EXIF data for each photo.
No .. you can't modify a P2 to a P2V+

btw If you are wanting to use Pix4d, you probably want to use the P2V+ rather than the P2V.
The p2V can't shoot straight down.

tcope said:
I did not know the vision or vision plus geo tagged photos.
Me just fly and take pictures and don't mess with anything else but if you are talking about getting the Latitude and Longitude from a picture then yes it does .

cheaper to just buy the V+ than trying to add all the stuff to try to make it into a V+. Pretty cool though with light room, you can see exactly where images were taken.

sapper785 said:
I don't need to upgrade if I buy lightroom do I?
Before you but LR, I would try to find other programs that will allow gps tagging. Might find it cheaper if that is all you are wanting. FYI, you can lease the photography package from Adobe, it comes with the latest PS & LR for around $10.00 a month. You get all the updates any time it is needed.

If you want to use the app and take geotagged pictures, you should return/sell your Phantom 2 and get a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. As far as I know this cannot be achieved at all with a Phantom 2 with a GoPro-setup.

On a side note, Lightroom is an amazing program to handle your photos, as well as you geo-tagged ones.

It can be turned in to a non plue vision. But as others have pointed out its not cost effective to do it.

First thing you need is to change the p2s 2.4ghz receiver to be a 5.8ghz receiver. $38 then you need a 5.8ghz controller. Because you cant use 2.4ghz to fly it being the cameras 2.4ghz wifi singnal will cause a conflict if the camera and your flight controls are both on 2.4ghz The controller is going to set you back another $80ish to $100 more if you go with a brand new one. depending on if you get one of the regular old style ones or one of the newer upgraded ones. Tho you can get used old style 5.8 controllers as cheap as $25-$50 so then you have your reciver and transmitter part taken care off

Then you need to get one of the visions cameras and that you need to bend over and whip out $500 and tho it does come witht the lower mount and servo you need to get the top bracket to mount it to the phantom $14-$18 more. and dont forget the set of rubber balls that dont come with a replacement camera or the brackets. There is another $8 or so.
and you also need the cable that plugs in to the main board and out to the camera they come in a cable pack that is is about $15 good news is that pack also has the wire you need to control the servo and hook it the the f1 port of the naza. to control the tilt of the camrea. But now you are up to about $540 to get a working camera and the money for the 5.8ghz flight controller and receiver.

Then last but not least is you need a range extender to be able to connect threw the wifi to the camera to be able to use the app. That will set you back any were from $99 to $130ish more if you go new and what one you get Being you can use a vision plus extender on a non plus vision for longer range.

But by the time you add all that stuff up you can pretty much just buy a complete new phantom vision all ready to fly. last I have seen them they are down to about $779

Quick answer for the geotags: yes, the Phantom Vision 2 and Phantom Vision 2+ write the geotags in the EXIF data of the images. However, the precision of those is not as good as it could be, which is why Pix4Dmapper Capture rewrites its own (more accurate) EXIF data in the P4D project file.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1