Help please

Reaction score
Purchased off of ebay, Phantom 2 Vision. Batteries fully charged, calibrated compass, waited to get satellite lock with 7 satellites, green lights flashing, and when I pull the sticks down to the middle, all I get is this when I use the controller to try and fly. My iPhone is binding with the wifi, and I am getting camera signal. If I shut the controller off, I get a warning from the app saying connection lost. Anyways, here is what I get.

http://youtu.be/BSm7xy9UjYE

Now, when I put it together the first time, I put it together without the prop guards on. I did, however,put the longer screws in required for the prop guards.(The screws were out, so I just put them back in without the prop guards) Did I foul up the motors by putting the longer screws in without the prop guard, whack sent them too far into the motor, and is causing this? Or is this something else?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help?

Wish I had better news...

If you did put in the longer screws without the guards, you have ruined the motors :oops: .

Yes. If you took the prop guards off, and still used the longer screws, you have damaged the motors.

Hard to tell if that's all of your problem... but that's definitely a major part of it.

Always always always use the shorter screws if you don't have the prop guards on.

Open shell then 4 shorts screws ( ;) ) and 3 solder pads per motor.

OK, pulled the trigger and ordered the motors, 2 clockwise & 2 counterclockwise. Not sure I want to tackle soldering the leads onto that tiny board. Might cut leads back and solder wire to wire with some heat shrink to tidy up.
Thanks for the diagnosis help, and the quick replies. Glad that I found this forum :)

Look into the pole connectors. That way you can cut the leads for the current motors long (keeping them soldered to the board), attach the female connector, then just attach the males to your new motors and have all the lead you'd want.

No soldering required except for the connectors themselves (unless the factory solders need redoing).

Check out the many YouTube videos on replacing the motors. Too bad this happened but replacement is not that hard of a job.
Welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better times.

ProfessorStein said:
Look into the pole connectors. That way you can cut the leads for the current motors long (keeping them soldered to the board), attach the female connector, then just attach the males to your new motors and have all the lead you'd want.

No soldering required except for the connectors themselves (unless the factory solders need redoing).

+1 on Poles (i.e. 3.5mm bullet conectors).

The first time I have to do any motor 'procedures' I'll be employing those. ;)

Been used in CP-heli circles 'forever', if you know what I mean. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20