Help Please with iPad Ground Station config

Reaction score
Hello, I want to use the iPad ground station with my Phantom. I've just spent the better a day googling information, looking on forums, watching YouTube videos, checking the DJI website product info, faqs and wiki (which is pretty disorganized) and even emailing DJI (no reply). I know this can be done, I've seen evidence of it in bits and pieces, but I can't seem to find one definitive source of exactly what I need to accomplish this. For instance, I know I need the 2.4 Ghz Datalink, and I know that I need the PMU (because I don't have the upgrade board in my Phantom), but is there some intermediate thing I need to hook up the CAN BUS on the datalink flight end to the Phantom? If you watch the DJI videos on hooking this stuff up, it is totally lame. They just show someone plugging cables into a module, not what goes on at the other end of the cables. Does anyone out there know what actual bits and pieces are necessary to make this work?

You need the data link and canbus hub. You also need to be prepared for 4 minute long flights. Check YouTube. There's a video of it all installed on a phantom. The added weight means less air time. Basically 2 minutes one way and 2 minutes back.

I don't think he needs the can-bus hub unless he's going to be adding more can-bus devices such as the iOSD. If it's just the groundstation datalink, I think he can just get the PMU V2 and the datalink.

I think thats right actually. I think the can bus was because it also had OSD and zenmuse. Personally I wouldn't add it to a phantom. A Version 2 I would, not version one. I have it on my 450 and it works great but I also get long flight times that you would not get on the phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik